Telescope help

marrajack

I picked up a cheap Nickel telescope from the bay of E
Bit dirty and needs lens cleaned
two questions folk
1 - how do you focus in a three draw scope - as in do you fully extend and which tube do you fiddle with
2 - any reccs for a service repair company

cheers
Marrajack

To focus, fully draw and then squeeze back in till focused. One you get used to it's fast.

To dismantle you will find rings at the join of each barrel, undo these and it will allow each part to be removed. You can then give the lenses a good clean with lense fluid, a lense cloth and brush.

When putting back together be careful not to cross thread them. Best to push together then unscrew till you feel threads mesh and then screw up.

Glasgow binocular repair have a good reputation.

To focus, fully draw and then squeeze back in till focused. One you get used to it's fast.

To dismantle you will find rings at the join of each barrel, undo these and it will allow each part to be removed. You can then give the lenses a good clean with lense fluid, a lense cloth and brush.

When putting back together be careful not to cross thread them. Best to push together then unscrew till you feel threads mesh and then screw up.

Glasgow binocular repair have a good reputation.

very many thanks for your advice, really appreciated

It will depend on the exact type of scope the Nickel Marburg draw scopes I have see have a focus wheel near the eye piece. No doubt they probably made more than one type.

I do it the other way, I pull all the tubes out, then push the last tube in. Then I bring it up to my eye and pull the rear tube out until it focuses. Pull being easier to do than push I have found.

Back