Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death threats

Death threats

I stupidly posted a picture of 2 foxes I shot on a Facebook shooting site, closed, but an anti group got hold of it and within hours it was shared 60 times...I became hunt sab public enemy number 1 from both "north Wales hunt sabs" and " ban hunting with dogs" I shot a vixen and her Cubs , she had twice taken my free range hens during the day, so I stopped her with 110 gr Vmax from a .270 ( pretty humane) I shot the Cubs as well to prevent them any suffering....any way I am getting death threats aimed at myself and family..do I take them seriously and contact police? Or just let them get on with it and hope it blows over? Learnt my lesson about posting pictures on Facebook so please no lectures..regards Lee

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmart View Post
    I stupidly posted a picture of 2 foxes I shot on a Facebook shooting site, closed, but an anti group got hold of it and within hours it was shared 60 times...I became hunt sab public enemy number 1 from both "north Wales hunt sabs" and " ban hunting with dogs" I shot a vixen and her Cubs , she had twice taken my free range hens during the day, so I stopped her with 110 gr Vmax from a .270 ( pretty humane) I shot the Cubs as well to prevent them any suffering....any way I am getting death threats aimed at myself and family..do I take them seriously and contact police? Or just let them get on with it and hope it blows over? Learnt my lesson about posting pictures on Facebook so please no lectures..regards Lee
    You have to take the proper course here, get it in train & have it dealt with.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Report it
    Definitely as above
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I am not from England, but if there are death threats then do the right thing and contact your police department. sabs cant get away with that sort of behaviour just because they think they are the kings of Narnia...
    A death threat is a death threat , even on FB.

You killed a fox, so they want to kill a human, ffs. Hollow threats, but I feel you can't ignore a death threat to your family. I'd see what if anybody here comes up with a good reason to not report it.
    Social media posting can so easily get out of control. I hope others learn from your (gracefully acknowledged) mistake.
    Last edited by simonl; 07-07-2016 at 18:02.

nice shots by the way.. I couldnt help myself and go have a peek... also had fun trolling a few of their comments... nasty people arent they?

Wonder how many fox and cubs I have despatched over nearly fifty years, The country way carries on. I have to say I will drop fox on deer stalking trips wether or not I am in the stalk for deer.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 07-07-2016 at 18:26.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Shooting foxes is not illegal, making death threats against people is. Get them reported and back in their cages.
    Do yourself a massive favour and do not respond to these people directly.
    Last edited by highland stalker; 07-07-2016 at 18:27.

Should be a valid reason to have AOLQ widened?��