Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope for rimfire

Scope for rimfire

Hi, have a mauser .22lr. Have decided to replace the scope (3-9x50) simmons for a higher end scope. Thinking of getting a bushnell legend 3-9x40 as have been very impressed with the 4.5-14x44 i used to have. As it is 'classic' rifle shape i dont feel a large scope would look right. Ideally i would like either parallax set for rimfire at 50m/yards or side focus for the aesthetic looks ( dont think front focus would look right)
    Have around 200-230 for it. what do you have before i order a bushnell legend.

Regards

Nice rifle, simple. Vari3 leupold 4.514-40 would suit your gun well.

That would be a nice scope, sadly out of budget.
    Regards

How about a Leupold VX1 3-9X50 25"tube as new with box and original Warranty ,never mounted ....250 posted RMSD PM if interestedTony

Established Poster
    I've got a Swarovski 6x42 for 190 posted, glass is perfect but tube has signs of age and some crimping but functions as it should and it's just come back from a service, 26mm tube which will fit straight in to optilocks or I can send 30mm-25mm inserts you can sand out a bit to suit so you can mount it in 30mm mounts. It comes with a new set of swaro bikini covers and I can provide proof of service if needed.

The glass is excellent it's better than my Zeiss Duralyt, it's my spare but I'm selling it to help fund a range finder. It's currently on eBay for 200 posted but as I say I'll do it for 190 posted if your interested.

Regards

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bicykillgaz View Post
    I've got a Swarovski 6x42 for 190 posted, glass is perfect but tube has signs of age and some crimping but functions as it should and it's just come back from a service, 26mm tube which will fit straight in to optilocks or I can send 30mm-25mm inserts you can sand out a bit to suit so you can mount it in 30mm mounts. It comes with a new set of swaro bikini covers and I can provide proof of service if needed.

The glass is excellent it's better than my Zeiss Duralyt, it's my spare but I'm selling it to help fund a range finder. It's currently on eBay for 200 posted but as I say I'll do it for 190 posted if your interested.

Regards

Gary
    I use Swarovski 6x42 on both my 22lr & Hmr ... If you have a chance of owning one of these I would suggest you go for It when you can .... Only problem is that when you have used Swarovski glass it's hard to use anything else afterwards ... HTH
    ... Altogether a rather better class of Remington 222 user ...

I see there's a Meopta 7x50 for sale on this thread and within your budget. I have one, they're very good.

Established Poster
    Southern Burgundy, France and the UK a few times per year
    I don't have any for sale but just thought I'd add my view on rimfire scopes.

On my rimfires (I have 6) I use either Nikon or Leupold VX1 2-7x32 The Leupold is great as it's light and short and makes a little classic rimfire look good. 2-7 power is good for close range, low light shots or 75m longer range. The Nikon Prostaff 3x9 40 is also good for the money. Their BDC reticule is fine for 22LR bullet drop.

I like decent optics but don't think anyone needs to go crazy on price and power. Walking around with a decent weight rifle is also an advantage.

Good luck in your search.

Hi, thanks for input.
    Meatopa mentioned is on hold already.
    think that the 26mm tube is putting me off the Swarovski as it strikes me as difficult to get right mounts and could be difficult to sell on if I decide to change.
    The nikon and leupold 2-7x32 are very much in my mind. Think they come with a 60/75 m parallex if requested which is ideal for myself. Also considering s Sightron 2-7x35.
    will have to be a do it all rifle- walk around so needs a light scope that has an appropriate look.
    also do 25m range work ( hence the Mauser as legendary accuracy) so needs to be able to focus close- current 3-9x50 is blurred beyond use at anything over 5x, hoping a closer parallex setting will help this.
    any one got any other scopes?

Wade I have a 3x9 x50 bushnell elite 3200 with the Xmas tree type ret it's a 1" tube. If you have mounts your more than welcome to try/borrow it to see if you like it.