Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new rifle at last-Blazer R93 in 308

My new rifle at last-Blazer R93 in 308

Gents

At long last I have picked up my R93 this week, she is mint & in as new condition having fired 18 rounds & shot only one deer before the previous owner having spent the wrong side of £4k decided thet deer stalking was not for him-so he chopped her in for a song to an RFD mate of mine.

She is in 308, with a spare 222 barrel with a Z6i, mod is a T8 (I hate em to be honest & will propably put a Jetz on later).

Having never used one before I have to say that the rest of my gun cabined is now in grave danger of being sold, as I feel that having unlocked & opened the door I would now only go for the R93!

She is just so quick to cycle & wthout having to loose the target pictire also, I just hope that she will deal with the amount of use that she is in for living with me!

Using 123 grn Sako she was shooting 10mm groups & also managed to take 2 bucks on her first outing.

Best wishes Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BLAZER.JPG  

Very nice indeed!! What a lovely find.

But can I ask a question, without meaning to be rude, why do you use a 123gn bullet out of a .308? I have noticed several .308 users posting that they use small for calibre bullets and wondered what the fascination with them was.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Note to self; Repeat ad infinitum, "don't want one, don't want one, don't want one....."

Nope, no good, where do I get one??

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

nice one Lee,

I paid the deposit on mine on Tuesday. I just have to wait about 10 days for a left handed bolt and we are away......then it will be off to the CLA for new dies, new brass and all the other bits. still trying to decide on a moderator though.

Ezzy

Yeah, they are bloody addictive. I like mine so much (30/06 & 22/250) that the custom 260 is at dire risk of becoming trade-in fodder.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

The Blaser is evil....it's taken Brian, Lee and god know's who else.....fight my brothers....... Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    The Blaser is evil....it's taken Brian, Lee and god know's who else.....fight my brothers....... Fight!
    LOL, it would be a cheaper addiction to snort cocaine from a lapdancer's navel than become a Blaser junkie....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

R93

Guys

At the price she came in at- we were talking only about £700 more than the list price for the scope alone (2.5x12x50 Z6i), so I just could not resist once I had picked her up-just could not put her down I'm afraid!

I am using 123grn Sako in order to still have a flatter round out to 200m, as I am used to shooting 25/06 out to 250m on the contract cull areas I manage.

I will be interested to see what damage the 123grn's are causing-should find out this comming week when the first batch of beasts hit the processing plant!

Regs Lee

An addiction it is, Two R93 offroads and a Attaché plus five more barrels, Drugs and lapdancer's would be cheaper.