SOTC - State of the Collection - lets see what you have

JamieDenny

Hi Chaps,

As an avid watch collector who spends far too much time drooling over watches and peoples collections that he can't afford I thought it would be interesting to see pics of peoples collections. Even if those collections are just one gun (fear the man with one gun) I would love to see and hear about what people use.

I didn't post this in the pictures section as the idea of this thread is just to have quick snap shots of the guns and kit you have. Maybe you are one of the lucky people who collect antiques or have a love of old air rifles.

I will get my little ensemble out at the weekend and put a full picture up then but until I do my latest purchases, very nice Howa 1500 .243 and a little old Brno .22 that can still shoot thumbnail sized groups at 100yards.

DSC_0016_7.jpgDSC_0037_3.jpg

OP, this is not that kind of forum - if your rifle hasn't been fettled by one of the gods of smithing and taken at least 3 years to be delivered to you then it taint worth looking at :D

Quite frank.... Id rather see the collection of watches...!

I've noticed you mention watches a couple times. So you mean vintage watches, or modern? Or anything? I really see the appeal of old hand made 'timepieces'. My wife is a bit of a clock obsessive, so I love with a lot of ticking...

I've noticed you mention watches a couple times. So you mean vintage watches, or modern? Or anything? I really see the appeal of old hand made 'timepieces'. My wife is a bit of a clock obsessive, so I love with a lot of ticking...

Both.... I have a 1910 JW Benson gold half hunter pocket watch which keeps time as well today as it did when it was made, just wish I had more opportunity to wear it, it was my grandfathers... But love a modern watch too, and embarking on a small collection with a Tag and a Rolex..... They are all things of beauty, my father collected antique clocks most of his adult life so I guess it's in the blood...

had to re-read that a couple of time just to make sure.....

I have a friend who has a vast amount of high end time pieces, all modern, dread to think at what cost!

OP, this is not that kind of forum - if your rifle hasn't been fettled by one of the gods of smithing and taken at least 3 years to be delivered to you then it taint worth looking at :D

Well that thread started a conversation.

I think all rifles and shotguns are worth looking at, I love to see what people use. the tiny little modifications they have made or maybe the 200 year old air rifle they covet but never shoot.

Both.... I have a 1910 JW Benson gold half hunter pocket watch which keeps time as well today as it did when it was made, just wish I had more opportunity to wear it, it was my grandfathers... But love a modern watch too, and embarking on a small collection with a Tag and a Rolex..... They are all things of beauty, my father collected antique clocks most of his adult life so I guess it's in the blood...

Congrats on the Rolex !, submariner ?. Pocket watch is next on my wish list. Currently debating whether I get a Steinhart Ocean 1 vintage. it is a little large for my usual taste (almost fashion size) but the concept is great and I love microbrands.

My Orient Ray is usually on my wrist when shooting. mechanical watch that can put up with the shotgun all day, 300 atm waterproof for the rain soaked foxing and a lume that last all night. Plus I wont cry when I eventually break it / loose it.

Back