Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaze publishing - insolvency

Blaze publishing - insolvency

Found this statement below on the Internet, does anyone know if this will mean the end for a certain magazine.

Statement from the Board of Blaze Publishing Limited

Please be aware that, regretfully, the Board of Blaze Publishing Limited started the process to put the company into formal insolvency.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Same post on the "Game Fair CANCELLED" thread:

Blaze Publishing was acquired by Future PLC in May, and have not paid a number of their contributing journalists recently ("allegedly", to cover my *rse legally, but I have this directly from one of them...).

It looks like the Air Gun Shooter will fold, but I've not seen any news on Sporting Rifle just yet.

Seems like a pretty standard acquisition where you bin the least profitable assets. It could be that Future bins ALL shooting assets, and focuses on the music side and the Game Fair was another thing that they saw no profitable return on.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

The RNS* for the acquisition of Blaze by Future refers to an option on the UK Game Fair and would "complement the growth of Future's new shooting vertical" so there does seem to be some intention to keep at least some of shooting assets.

Here's the RNS in full:

Future plc

Acquisition of Blaze adds new shooting vertical and music events

Future plc (LSE: FUTR, "the Group"), the international media group and leading digital business, has acquired, for an undisclosed sum, the assets of Blaze Publishing ("Blaze").

Blaze is a UK-based publisher and event organiser, which focuses on the shooting and music sectors through a combination of events, consumer magazines, trade publications and contract publishing.

The acquisition adds shooting as a new content vertical, broadens Future's leading music events and publishing portfolio, further diversifying the Group's revenue streams.

Blaze owns the established music events The London Drum Show and The London Bass Guitar Show in addition to music magazines Acoustic, Bass Guitar, Drummer and iDrum.

Blaze's shooting titles, a new vertical for Future, include Sporting Rifle, Clay Shooting, Airgun Shooter, Bow International, Gun Trade News and iShoot.

The Group has also taken an option in the newly launched UK Game Fair (UK Game Fair) which will complement the growth of Future's new shooting vertical.

The company employs some 35 staff and is based in Leamington Spa.

Zillah Byng-Thorne, Chief Executive said:

"Blaze adds another complementary vertical as well as strengthens our events capabilities.

"The acquisition is part of our strategy to diversify our revenues, increase our scale and improve operational efficiency by acquiring complementary brands in our Magazine division."

Here's the link to the RNS: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e.../12811152.html

* RNS is the official news service of the Stock Exchange where official announcements from listed companies are published. They should be released at 7am each day before the Exchange opens.

Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    The RNS* for the acquisition of Blaze by Future refers to an option on the UK Game Fair and would "complement the growth of Future's new shooting vertical" so there does seem to be some intention to keep at least some of shooting assets.
    Nico, considering how they have treated the ticket holders of said UK Game Fair, I hold out no hope for anything at the moment... It was cancelled in the last 10 days, and unless a ticket holder can get to Ragley Hall, they are now out of pocket with no compensation for non-refundable hotel rooms. Disgraceful behaviour.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Sporting Rifle will carry on
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Blaze Publishing is now in liquidation.

The "Statement of Affairs" on the Companies House website makes interesting reading.

As an 'out of pocket' stalker who could not get to Ragley Hall, I am down by £64 paid by cheque so the bank now tell me there is no financial protection. Wish I had used a card! Anyone know if its possible, or how to, get on the list of creditors and hopefully get a bit of it back? Yeh, I know, big hope, probably no chance.

is that the publication Peter Carr was the editor for?
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    is that the publication Peter Carr was the editor for?
    I believe it was Malc , no further comment needed.

I believe it was Malc, yes.

They also put out The Shooting Show on YouTube and Mr Carr presents that. I didnt subscribe to the magazines but I do quite enjoy TSS on a Monday night.

It'll be a shame if Future scrap all the shooting magazines - The antis will have got their magazine ban anyway!

I'll have to have a look at whether or not I can subscribe to Sporting Rifle now then. It would be a shame for it to fold and hopefully that'll do some small part to help keep it afloat.