Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex forestry commission vehicles

Ex forestry commission vehicles

Does anyone have experience of buying these vehicles, are they worth considering when looking for a used 4x4?

Quote Originally Posted by Thitlew View Post
    Does anyone have experience of buying these vehicles, are they worth considering when looking for a used 4x4?

I think there are some threads about this if you search, but I'm curious to find out what comes back from the SD on this. I like the idea of having a rifle save, internal dog crate and a winch all fitted.

I imaging they are pretty beaten up by the time they come up for re-sale so they might be a bargain price if you don't mind taking a hit on the wear and tear.

My 58 plate has just been sold, it is a cracker I wanted to buy it myself but funds and another vehicle prevented me. It is SN58 FDF, if you see it for sale I can give you the full history. A lot of others I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    My 58 plate has just been sold, it is a cracker I wanted to buy it myself but funds and another vehicle prevented me. It is SN58 FDF, if you see it for sale I can give you the full history. A lot of others I wouldn't touch with a barge pole
    Any idea what it went for?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Any idea what it went for?
    I believe a dealer bought a few, no idea what it fetched. One to look out for though, it is a cracker

Saw the ones on eBay, just wondered if anyone had experience of the, am after a single cab, but would fancy one of the wildlife conversions if they were ok

Quote Originally Posted by Thitlew View Post
    Saw the ones on eBay, just wondered if anyone had experience of the, am after a single cab, but would fancy one of the wildlife conversions if they were ok
    I would concur with ranger22 that on the whole there a good buy, they get well looked after, I guess it slightly depends on geography as to the life they might have had before, they go to wholesale auction nationally so could end up anywhere and you'd not know if it had been in Scotland, Devon or Suffolk, I know round here they're often doing very low speeds most of the time relative to mileage and aren't doing masses of road miles, so wear on the engine may vary...
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink