Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35% Hydrogen Peroxide!

35% Hydrogen Peroxide!

So, decided to invest in a couple of large drums of Hydrogen Peroxide with a good stalking friend as I find myself doing more and more heads for others. This product is from the industrial market place and to my knowledge is the strongest you can buy?

Has anyone had much experience with it apart from the obvious - good PPE etc? Are the results that great?

Carl.

Just be careful how you store it!
    I put a drum in the shed thinking it would be ok, but the next time I looked the plastic drum had expanded, so I let the gas out and put it somewhere colder, same result and eventually it turned to water! expensive mistake.

Keep it out of sunlight, wear gloves. 35% h2o2 aint all that strong really speaking.

How did you get it anything over 12% now requires a license.

Used to use it all the time but as yet have not applied for a license.

Quote Originally Posted by levigsp View Post
    Just be careful how you store it!
    I put a drum in the shed thinking it would be ok, but the next time I looked the plastic drum had expanded, so I let the gas out and put it somewhere colder, same result and eventually it turned to water! expensive mistake.
    Did you get any blood in it?

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    Did you get any blood in it?
    No brand new barrel! I now stare it in the cellar, no problems.

I still have a little bit left over from my last 5 litre purchase. When did the license requirement come in?
    Regarding use, just be careful with your skin, it will burn it quickly. But just dilute/rinse in water if you do get any on you.
    I dilute down to 15-20% and submerge skulls up to the coronets. A stubborn skull will be white in about 12 hours, a non stubborn easy one will be done in two hours. Rinse off well (IE submerge!), allow to dry and job done. I usually dry mine in direct sunlight if possible to encourage any further whitening.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeehorse View Post
    I still have a little bit left over from my last 5 litre purchase. When did the license requirement come in?
    Regarding use, just be careful with your skin, it will burn it quickly. But just dilute/rinse in water if you do get any on you.
    I dilute down to 15-20% and submerge skulls up to the coronets. A stubborn skull will be white in about 12 hours, a non stubborn easy one will be done in two hours. Rinse off well (IE submerge!), allow to dry and job done. I usually dry mine in direct sunlight if possible to encourage any further whitening.
    Home Office license required since September 2014.

I got some 90% from ebay some years back!
    toxic stuff

You probably mean 90vol Bewsh.
    100vol is about 30% and about the highest concentration you can get routinely, well it was until the 12% ruling came in.
    100% is quite dangerous!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks