Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swan Problems - HELP!!!

Swan Problems - HELP!!!

The title says it all really
    I have recently moved into a property with a pool about 35 x 15 metres and all has been well until a couple of weeks ago when a family of Mute Swans with five cygnets in tow walked down the road from a nearby pool where they had bred
    Despite my best efforts they have found some way of getting onto the property and now they think it's home They are making a hell of a mess everywhere and intimidating the dogs - not to mention my three domestic geese who won't go near the water any more. Other wildlife is being driven off as well
    I know that they are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act but there must be some way of getting rid of them
    Any (legal) suggestions members?
    TIA
    Ed

Shame you are not based near Berlin as they are on the prey list, we dropped a pair and the breast tastes like beef.
    A pitbull might cure the problem????
    Good luck.

Not sure this will be of any help, but apparently they taste like goose
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I have often wondered what they taste like - Mental picture of my wife and I knee deep in swan feathers!!
    My two Spaniels are wimps but the cob is very intimidating when he stretches upright hisses and unfolds his wings

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Shame you are not based near Berlin as they are on the prey list, we dropped a pair and the breast tastes like beef.
    A pitbull might cure the problem????
    Good luck.
    I'd heard they taste like beef too.

Probably just constantly disturbing them, some crow bangers or try to feed them back to wear them came from then fence them out

Call the RSPCA and tell them one of the swans has a problem.

Write to Buckingham Palace, "Your Majesty, please remove your rampaging swans from my pond."

David

Peg some fishing line or even bailing twine around the lake it will hopefully make it awkward to land and walk into the water. Make sure it's tight and won't come lose so they don't get caught on it.

Can't you use a longnet & walk em' back out?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Just walk them off everyday till they get the message,

Neil.