Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .303 NEEDED / m18 30 cal mod

.303 NEEDED / m18 30 cal mod

Hi guys,
    I am about to move in the next month and a free .303 slot on my licence along with a .308 m18 mod slot, I would rather fill them before moving and the whole thing of waiting for it to come back, so keeping my eye out for anything interesting. I have a couple of smle, a 4, and 4t. So ideally a no.5, but poss p.14, long lee, 303 martini, whatever?
    Let me know if anyone knows of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.D View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am about to move in the next month and a free .303 slot on my licence along with a .308 m18 mod slot, I would rather fill them before moving and the whole thing of waiting for it to come back, so keeping my eye out for anything interesting. I have a couple of smle, a 4, and 4t. So ideally a no.5, but poss p.14, long lee, 303 martini, whatever?
    Let me know if anyone knows of anything.
    Find a No1 MkV. Excellent shooters. I have a No5 and several variants of the #4, but I prefer the No1's. The MkI and MkV are my favorites. I have a MkVI but have never fired it. (too rare) ~Muir

Hi Muir, me too. I have a 1945 no.4 m47c which was destined to be a 4t, put in storage and not touched. And also a couple of smle's a mk.1*** and a mk.3 no star, and I am happier behind a smle. a mk.v is a good option! But still itching for a no.5, finding a mk.v is hard let me know if you know of any for sale. Cheers

Hi Muir, me too. I have a 1945 no.4 m47c which was destined to be a 4t, put in storage and not touched. And also a couple of smle's a mk.1*** and a mk.3 no star, and I am happier behind a smle. a mk.v is a good option! But still itching for a no.5, finding a mk.v is hard let me know if you know of any for sale. Cheers
    My No 5 is my least accurate 303. I actually bought it for my son to plink with cast bullets and at 1800 fps with 210 grain bullets it's pretty accurate. If I step on the throttle accuracy fades fast. Horrible with all varieties of jacketed factory ammo.~Muir

SD Regular
    Give Chris at Lucas and Watts Gunsmiths a call - he may have something of interest
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

MkV's are scarcer than hen's teeth around here. Took me several years to find one that hadn't been butchered...
    ...and then another year to pay for it!~Muir

Keep toying with the idea of selling my MkV, but then I always decide to keep it. I reckon it'd be a long time 'til another came along if I regretted selling it; and I know I would.
    Last edited by Harry mac; 11-07-2016 at 21:36.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Hi Dr D , I have a mk4 I bought this year, bought it to shoot in competitions , but truth be told, my eyes arnt good enough for open sights anymore, its "regulated by Fullertons " and has a parker hale aperture rear sight, generally not bad nick for a 60 odd year old gun, paid 450 for it, hoping to get close to that back
    cheers guy

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Keep toying with the idea of selling my MkV, but then I always decide to keep it. I reckon it'd be a long time 'til another came along if I regretted selling it; and I know I would.
    That is a nice collection of Enfields!

Quote Originally Posted by plumber01 View Post
    Hi Dr D , I have a mk4 I bought this year, bought it to shoot in competitions , but truth be told, my eyes arnt good enough for open sights anymore, its "regulated by Fullertons " and has a parker hale aperture rear sight, generally not bad nick for a 60 odd year old gun, paid 450 for it, hoping to get close to that back
    cheers guy
    Hi Plumber01, I may be interested could you send me a couple of pics. Cheers