Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to make loads of money Forest of Dean

I want to make loads of money Forest of Dean

I want to make lots of money by taking people out to shoot boar and poach other people's permissions and offer money so I can own all the shooting. Not. I'm fed up to the teeth of people trying to buy my farmers permission to shoot on there land. I put a lot into keeping my ground. I cut trees down chain Harrow rutted ground, put roof tiles on there houses, fix fences shoot all year round for fox deer boar rabbits all in correct seasons. If you have so much other ground to shoot on why on earth do these people insist on trying to get my small bits. I have spoken to all my farms and I am the sole shooter on there as from today so please don't keep asking as I have all the shooting rights signed and sealed. Thanks for reading. Only a few people will understand this post and those few are the only ones who need to know. Cheers

There's a few things to bear in mind with permissions,
    (A) Not all shooters have scruples.
    (B) The farm's a business, not a charity.
    (C) There's always someone with more money.
    (D) There's only so much land, they don't make it any longer.

The farmer on my biggest permission lets a few on, not too many, because as he says, land is limited but should be for the enjoyment of everyone. Having said that, I know all the other shooters / mx riders and we work wheel within wheel. Oh, and the mx pays good money

It's one thing knowingly going after someones permission but if you don't ask you'll never know. How else do you get new ground without someone refering you?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit tikka View Post
    If you have so much other ground to shoot on why on earth do these people insist on trying to get my small bits. I have spoken to all my farms and I am the sole shooter on there as from today so please don't keep asking as I have all the shooting rights signed and sealed. Thanks for reading. Only a few people will understand this post and those few are the only ones who need to know. Cheers
    Good on you. I think you may have answered your question in the posts title. Unfortunately the shooting world has a lot of people within it who look upon it as a cash cow and are bloody greedy enough to keep pushing for yours. Hope your stand on this works for you

There is a difference between permissions and shooting /sporting lets[whether paid for or not].
    I have the sporting rights over a lot of land in various counties, I worked hard to get them over the years.
    Some were signed up for various periods of time with payment from myself, others were signed up for my lifetime, the payment was work I had carried out on this land etc.
    It makes my blood boil when someone who knows I have the shooting goes to the land owner and offers to pay for shooting, mostly after they have been on the land with me as a paying customer.
    If someone goes and asks that knows not who shoots there, so be it, an honest try, but going to ask when they know is pure evil.

Putting all the comments posted about permissions etc. Looking at the last line of your original post it is obvious that it is aimed at certain people who will be reading your post. I hope it has the desired effect but human nature being what it is I shan't be holding my breath, good luck.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

It must be galling when someone who shoots for the meat, in either his own or someone else's freezer, is pushed off his patch by someone who is never going to shoot anything themselves, but make money out of paying guests desperate to pull a trigger, in order, in a lot of cases, to show good reason to keep their FAC. There is enough shooting land for everyone to have their own little patch, but it is virtually impossible to acquire shooting without treading on someone's toes.

Welcome to my world, been there, read the book and wore the T shirt, after the last lot tried ripping me off I decided on not taking anyone out anymore but due to the amount of friends and past clients contacting me wanting to try for a boar I am taking friends and one or two others a month.

Just had two down with me for the weekend who helped to build a nice new tower and they had two nice yearling boar for their efforts.

The farmers tell me that they get people every week trying to get onto the land offering silly money but they are not interested as they are happy with the arrangement they have so this is why I am confident enough to take people out again.

There are people on this site I have heard of what will try and take what you have,(one less now as I believe he shot himself) and that will always be the case but its up to you to keep your landowner sweet so that they wont be tempted by someone else's offer.
    Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 10-07-2016 at 19:30.

I too have a local idiot who's name I will not reveal on an open forum. He claims to be the West Sussex police deer warden on his business card, and also tells land owners he works for the police, or implies he is a police officer.

His knowledge of deer and their management is limited and to my knowledge he has not undertaken any training for RTA nor holds level 1 or 2 and yet claimed to someone I know as a good friend that some RTA deer look ok and would go into the food chain!!

He tries to take land off other stalkers where ever he goes and lies to attain it. A most unpleasant individual.

Dealing with such idiots is never easy and can be annoying. However they usually loose their own ground and make so many enemies that at days end they are left with nothing.
    It usually comes back to bite them in the end.

By the way its ok to say that there is limited land etc, etc, but when someone tries to take ground off you that is part of your income as a business and pays your bills and feeds you its a slightly different matter.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 10-07-2016 at 16:31.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    I too have a local idiot who's name I will not reveal on an open forum. He claims to be the West Sussex police deer warden on his business card, and also tells land owners he works for the police, or implies he is a police officer.

His knowledge of deer and their management is limited and to my knowledge he has not undertaken any training for RTA nor holds level 1 or 2 and yet claimed to someone I know as a good friend that some RTA deer look ok and would go into the food chain!!

He tries to take land off other stalkers where ever he goes and lies to attain it. A most unpleasant individual.

Dealing with such idiots is never easy and can be annoying. However they usually loose their own ground and make so many enemies that at days end they are left with nothing.
    It usually comes back to bite them in the end.

By the way its ok to say that there is limited land etc, etc, but when someone tries to take ground off you that is part of your income as a business and pays your bills and feeds you its a slightly different matter.
    This I understand, and I wasn't making any statements as to the rights and wrongs of it, just pointing out another point of view. One farmer who owns land I shoot on lets various people use the land for different things and it's his way of thinking. I don't shoot for business, just pleasure, so it bothers me not if it's used by others so long as not overused.