Thread: Moderator for Steyr Aug

Moderator for Steyr Aug

All of you out there with Steyr AUGs .
    What moderators have you got on?
    Whats the Pro's and Cons of end mounted verses over-barrel types on such a short and handy rifle.
    I am toying with the idea of fitting one for "field" use but not sure which way to go.

Cheers

personally I would stick with muzzle mounted rather than overbarrel, too many rifles around with witness marks from overbarrel mods, and the AUG is more than handy enough to cope with a short ASE UTRA or similar
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I have a CQB moderator on another 223 I have. It would be nice to be able to share this with the AUG but it is threaded quite large (17/18mm or whatever) and the AUG is I believe 1/2 x 20 unf.
    Is it possible to get a different thread insert for the CQB moderator (ASE Ultra CQB) ?

Any idea how much it would cost to get a 1/2 x 20 unf to a larger thread adapter to screw on the barrels 1/2" thread. i.e. a female inside thread with the larger outside thread and with possibly a shoulder on this adapter ?
    Any issues to watch out for?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    I have a CQB moderator on another 223 I have. It would be nice to be able to share this with the AUG but it is threaded quite large (17/18mm or whatever) and the AUG is I believe 1/2 x 20 unf.
    Is it possible to get a different thread insert for the CQB moderator (ASE Ultra CQB) ?
    contact ASE I seem to remember that they do conversion bush's (but could be thinking about something else)
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."