Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable high seats

Portable high seats

Hi any advice on portable high seats are they worth the money which is the best to buy extra

Dave
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Attachment 72071 I bought this one off ebay about five years ago,no complaints. I generally leave it set up in place until I want to move it to a different area. That would depend on how secure your ground is,but its reasonably portable if that's all you are carrying.
    It costs today 179.95,(the pic is off ebay) not a lot more than when I got it, maybe 20.00 give or take... Given me very good service,so i would recommend it. There are much cheaper on the market, someone else may speak for them..good luck,john

ps I think there was a thread on here quite recently you could do a search for..

A stupid question maybe but how do you shoot to the left or right with one of these? Cos the bar is straight ahead.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    A stupid question maybe but how do you shoot to the left or right with one of these? Cos the bar is straight ahead.
    Most of them are like that, only allow for shooting forwards, I get 2x1 battening and tie wrap extra supports behind the back of the seat, and to the front bar, then one either side so you have support all the way around you. deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Most of them are like that, only allow for shooting forwards, I get 2x1 battening and tie wrap extra supports behind the back of the seat, and to the front bar, then one either side so you have support all the way around you. deerwarden
    Me to,necessity being the mother of.....they are made like that for easy folding and carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Hi any advice on portable high seats are they worth the money which is the best to buy extra

Dave
    If you want real portable? Buy a lone wolf.

Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    If you want real portable? Buy a lone wolf.

At a guess a large % of UK shooters would not attempt putting that up as the ticking of boxes, reams of paper work from the courses undertaken also the wages of a supervisor would send them off on a paid stalk............

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

SD Regular
    The go to brands are the Bushwear Panther or the X3M1 (I think that's the designation). One of the European hunting firms does what must be a pattern or licenced version too. Not dissimilar in price at base level at least, I am very impressed with the Panther. With the height extension and the freestanding legs kit, it is an allround versatile tool - I think 300 all in.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Hi have a look at the seeland portable high seats they are realy good quality have been useing one for the last few years now only minutes to put up and take down simular to the bushwear pather but better quality

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    At a guess a large % of UK shooters would not attempt putting that up as the ticking of boxes, reams of paper work from the courses undertaken also the wages of a supervisor would send them off on a paid stalk............

Tim.243
    The UK is leaving the EU. Now is the time to stop the nanny state. Mind you if you overweight, unfit and have a fear of heights then I don't suggest this either. The sit and climb is actually quite good but a little heavy for me. I since bought the hand climber which is fantastic in terms of weight. However you really need to be fit to support your weight with your elbows as you pull the bottom platform up. It does fold extremely flat into the boot of the car making it ideal for portability.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle