Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: importing bullet heads from the USA

importing bullet heads from the USA

hello again all

a quick question to anybody that can help.

i have been speaking someone in the USA that is willing to send bullet heads over by post. i contacted the DTI and they said no problem as long as they are only the bullet heads.

is it that simple or am i missing out on something ? i know about duty on the import stuff but it cant be that simple can it ....neil

...It MIGHT be that simple... For example: You do not need an import licence to import a rifle on your own FAC for your own use, it doesn't even need to be proofed if you go down that route (unless you sell it later).

It's worth clarifying with the DTI about expanding bullets.

sinclair

300wsm
    can we have a link please?

thanks

Regular Poster
    You can import ALL tyes of bullet (heads) legally as long as any expanding cals are on your FAC and permission to purchase and hold conforms to the quantity ordered.

The law says expanding bullets must be a face to cface transaction and must not be posted. That law relates to UK citizens not US citizens. It is an offence to post in the UK not to receive in the post from the US

thanks all i forgot to post the outcome, my firearms dept said no problems as long as i only purchase the ammo that i am entitled to on my FAC , the DTI only concern was i dont purchase ammo from some banned countries(usa ok) .

i ordered the heads and 7 days later they arrived i saved 50% on what i would of payed in the uk. i will us this method again................neil

Quote Originally Posted by 325wsm View Post
    You can import ALL tyes of bullet (heads) legally as long as any expanding cals are on your FAC and permission to purchase and hold conforms to the quantity ordered.

The law says expanding bullets must be a face to cface transaction and must not be posted. That law relates to UK citizens not US citizens. It is an offence to post in the UK not to receive in the post from the US
    I know this is an old old thread but has anyone got any information regarding this? Just to prove that if any questions are asked I can direct them to the relevent law etc.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Hi BK

I contacted Cliff's gunsmithing in the US regarding this and everything seems above board as long as you don't order more than your purchase allowance on you ticket.

Carriage is $14 for up to 4lb in weight.

http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/index.html

Prov