Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish I'd never sold that!

I wish I'd never sold that!

Just for fun I thought I'd see which rifle you sold that you immediately regretted parting with.

Mine was a Southern Gun Company Speedmaster in .223 with a 1-9 twist tube. Shot 73gn Bergers into a single hole and was very comfortable indeed to shoot. I loved fixing with it but was always concerned with its military appearance.

Anyway, how about you guys?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Mine was my first c/f, a tikka t3 .243, bloody accurate light and just a bloody good rifle. But stopped using it.

Sako 75 .223 with a 1 in 8 barrel.

Husqvarna Mod 35 in .30-30

Marlin 336 in .30-30

Ruger No1 in .243

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    tikka 595 in 6mmbr built by Brock and Norris.

shot no better than the one I Have now, but it was a tad shorter and it just felt so Google,

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 12-07-2016 at 08:14.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

BSA CF2 in 30-06. Bought it unfired ( except for blanks ) from Bapty and Co for 100 quid. Used it for many seasons mainly on reds but a good number of fallow too. No rational explanation why I got rid.

Mannlicher Professional in .270 Win
    Sako 75 in .222 Rem
    Westley Richards in .275 Rigby
    Sako 85 VLSF in .243 Win (Not really sold as it was an Estate rifle but I miss it)
    687 EELL 20g
    687 Sp3 Sporter 12g

Basically nearly every firearm I've ever sold! Been a few that I've been happy to see go though.

All the guns I've ever owned I've still got, but really do wish I hadn't sold my first fishing boat. Seemed the right thing to do at the time, as I needed a bigger one, but then I had to stand by and watch the old one smashed to pieces in a gale after the pillock who bought it failed to moor it properly. If I can ever afford it I'll have another one built exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    Mine was my first c/f, a tikka t3 .243, bloody accurate light and just a bloody good rifle. But stopped using it.
    Exactly this. I still stalk with the guy I sold it to, so I get to say hello from time to time.

I've sold a couple that I regretted soon after (especially a Sako 75 in .222), but now realise they weren't that special and probably wouldn't be getting used.

I very nearly sold a beautiful Heym in .308, but came to my senses at the last moment. A salutory experience about rushing a decision...

Sako Finnwolf underlever in 308 - I got a good price which went towards a .22 benchrest rifle, however it was my first rifle and was accurate as and accurate thing! It knocked a hole in my Sako collection