Thread: Where's best?

Where's best?

Just wondering where is generally considered the best place/area to hunt roe in Britain? And why? I'm sure everyone's area is best! But why?? Is it the size of the Bucks? The terrain? The amount of roe? Accessibility? Unaccesability?? Etc,etc...
    would enjoy reading what people think.

regards... Fns

Everyone's different

For some it's medal heads. For others its huge body weights.
    For me it's a combination of the quality and complexity of the stalk. Regardless of what ground you're on, when you've had to work really hard to bag a particular buck, they're the ones you'll always enjoy remembering.

Right sikasako, seen as your "fae glesga" magic wand's being waved- where would you like your next stalk?....

If it's medal roe head your after the likes of Hampshire and Berkshire seem to consistently produce!

That's good to know. And if a medal head is not as important(but still nice to get) and it's the location with a good population that your looking for, where would be highly recommended?

regards

I've enjoyed stalking and seeing good numbers in Fife, Angus and North Yorks if that's any use!

I would try Fife if I were you always good heads shot in that area there used to be a guide on here from Fife forgot his name but Google would probably sort it
    Good luck tom

F&N,
    might be a weird answer but somewhere there's also CWD or Muntjack. They're still on my to do list.

Sikasakoif your after muntjac/Chinese try munjacstalker on here or sikamalc and cod on here all have both in Bedfordshire/northants
    Atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnshoot View Post
    That's good to know. And if a medal head is not as important(but still nice to get) and it's the location with a good population that your looking for, where would be highly recommended?

regards
    A very nice 10,000 acres in Wiltshire that not many folks no about. P.M. me if you are interested . This guy really gives the 110%. if you don't get to shoot a nice roe buck I will pay your stalking fee!
    Tusker