Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC welcomes EU firearms proposals

What about Semi auto Shotguns?

I will double check, but pretty sure they are OK too

David

I doubt anyone, or any shooting org from the UK had any affect on the change of heart about changes to weapon laws in the EU. Thanks should go to many of the East European countries in the EU and to the Scandinavian countries for stopping the worst of the changes.
    You still won't have semi auto rifles and you still have 5 year SGC and FAC,s Other countries had much more to lose

Hmm their allowing .22 semi autos for pest control what about the huge number of .22 semi autos used in gallery rifle competitions? The sooner we can make and enforce our own firearms legislation the better.

Quote Originally Posted by roseybut1 View Post
    Hmm their allowing .22 semi autos for pest control what about the huge number of .22 semi autos used in gallery rifle competitions? The sooner we can make and enforce our own firearms legislation the better.
    Like a man with a sense of humour. UK firearm laws are a complete cluster f##k and the application of said laws an even bigger CF.
    Last edited by Jagare; 14-07-2016 at 06:30.

Jagare, given that BASC ran a strong lobbying campaign on our own and with FACE, and briefed those most closely involved with the discussions will undoubtedly had some impact. However, I agree that the work delivered by others during this process was vital and together I believe we have achieved a lot.

As for 5 year certificate, yes for now but a 10 year certificate is still on the cards for the UK

As far as I can see all .22rf are OK not just those for hunting

Our work continues with the HO and licencing teams to deliver fair and equitable application of law

David

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    Our work continues with the HO and licencing teams to deliver fair and equitable application of law

David
    On the subject of the HO, what are the opinions of the new Home secretary, Amber Rudd, does she have a track record of supporting shooting or have an interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    Jagare, given that BASC ran a strong lobbying campaign on our own and with FACE, and briefed those most closely involved with the discussions will undoubtedly had some impact. However, I agree that the work delivered by others during this process was vital and together I believe we have achieved a lot.

As for 5 year certificate, yes for now but a 10 year certificate is still on the cards for the UK

As far as I can see all .22rf are OK not just those for hunting

David
    I don't want anyone to think my post was a dig at BASC As i was a member from the 60s till i moved here 14years ago. Also I'm pro Brexit.
    I read somewhere that Ms Ford was all for the proposed changes to EU gun law. She must have had a change of heart . The Eastern European Countries were completely against the proposed changes was because they saw the big picture re guns and not just from a hunting point of view. When we in Sweden talk of weapons its 95% in the hunting context but even Sweden could see the big picture. It is still possible to own a machine gun in Sweden.

Now if i remember correctly The mess that is UK gun law today was created by the UK goverments With nothing to do with the EU. If any of the proposed Weapons directive had come into law then you can be sure the goverment would have gold plated it with knobs on. As i recall no UK goverment has been the friend of the shooting , hunting man or woman.

David, just what is the latest restriction on shooters throughout Europe that BASC is yet again "welcoming" all about?

Even Vicky Ford appears not to have known what types of firearms would be subject to banning or stricter controls before voting for the legislation to be taken forward as, unbelievably, she states she had written to Commissioner Bienkowska asking for "examples"!!!!! If she was unaware then what chance that any of other eurostooges who were not so directly involved in the process had any idea about what they were voting on?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/e...MCO-rapporteur

From my reading of it there is a proposal to ban all “semi-automatic firearms capable of firing more than 21 rounds without reloading, if a loading device with a capacity exceeding 20 rounds is part of the firearm or is inserted into it”

Effectively that means all semi-auto firearms with separate magazines can potentially fall under the cosh, and despite a belated "assurance" that .22 rifles used for "pest control" are exempt (is only pest control a good reason?), what about all our fellow hunters and shooters in europe who have full-bore, separate magazine semi-autos, (and in many european countries they are the hunter's preferred firearm), or is it another example of 'I'm all right jack' in the UK because we gave up ours long ago?

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com...wed/#more-8461