Petition

:confused: Have I missed something? Who said anything about banning legally held guns. :confused:

Nice to see this petition is getting good support from this forum :rolleyes: , It's not fantastically worded I know, but few would disagree with the authors sentiments, consider what has been going on recently in the news, and reread the petition, does it deserve the 3 minuets it will take to fill in the form, or would it be better for it to fall on number 10's door mat with only a hand full of signatures?

The full script....

>>>I don't condone the use of Firearms in Criminal activities but there ARE genuine reasons for owning such items.

Clay Pigeon shooting and other shooting have a huge following and fund the economy as does ALL "LEGAL" shooting activity. Also the Shooting Industry has created 1000s of jobs.

To Ban ALL firearms reguardless of the Impact on Rural Life the Economy the future of the British olympic team (which lost out under the pistol ban) AND the impact it would have on (millions) of shooting enthusiasts is unthinkable.

It is the "legal" firearms holders who are always the scape goat when it comes to a knee jerk reaction and the LEGAL holders suffer whilst the "illegal" holders carry on as normal.

I ask people to Sign this petition to stop any future action against the Sport of Shooting and AGAINST the banning of "legally held" firearms.<<<

PaulB said:
does it deserve the 3 minuets it will take to fill in the form, or would it be better for it to fall on number 10's door mat with only a hand full of signatures?

Either way it will be ignored just like all of the rest that have come before before it.

Eloquently written or poorly worded it makes no difference.

What I don't understand is whether anyone has actually seriously proposed banning all shooting.

Whilst this petition is well meaning I fear that if the Government are prepared to ignore the views of 2 million motorists (voters) no petition run by what will be seen as a minority sport is going to make a blind bit of difference.

Interestingly there are many millions of anglers in this country but a petition running to oppose giving canoeists an effective "right to roam" is being outvoted by a pro-canoeist petition by a factor of 10:1.

Back