Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban release fox

Urban release fox

Clueless and with a shortened tail, came towards me through undergrowth to five yards away, did not sense me and wandered off to reappear 10 yards away.
    Not seen any this close to my place, thought it was illegal to release them on new ground?

See it regularly! Shot one with a flea collar on a year or two ago

we had one with stiches in a while back.

A friend of mine, a keeper, shot one with a .243 to spectacular effect when it was about 50 yards from the nice people releasing it back into the wild while they were still waving at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    we had one with stiches in a while back.
    All the ones we have shot needed far more than stiches..........

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

There was a fox running round our farm a month ago in the middle of the day. My wife and son saw it twice.

I shot it at 6.00pm 70 yards from my back door.

Looked like it had been treated for mange.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

When I worked near Buxton I had 5 that had been operated on and stitched, 4 with cat flea collars on and shot maybe a dozen that were emaciated and about the same number that seemed tame, to the extent that I walked to within 20 yards of a few and slipped a lurcher on them, pre ban days, it was great!! Wish some were released round here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrazor View Post
    I had 5 that had been operated on and stitched, 4 with cat flea collars on
    Given that everyone now seems to carry a mobile 'phone with a camera on it, I'm quite surprised we never get to see photos of this sort of thing...
    There's plenty of anecdotal stories about released foxes, but little hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    A friend of mine, a keeper, shot one with a .243 to spectacular effect when it was about 50 yards from the nice people releasing it back into the wild while they were still waving at it.

This amuses me hugely
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Given that everyone now seems to carry a mobile 'phone with a camera on it, I'm quite surprised we never get to see photos of this sort of thing...
    There's plenty of anecdotal stories about released foxes, but little hard evidence.
    there is evidence, I remember seeing photos of a ford Luton van that had Brocken down in the Brecon Beacons , with cages with foxes in it, we killed five while heading back to the lorry with hounds, at the end of day, they were just sitting on the side of the road off the ranges, this was some years ago.
    whilst working just outside Portsmouth , I worked with many people who could best be described as bunny huggers, some volunteered with " animal charity's " and would openly admit the treated sick/ injured foxes and they were released in " suitable areas".