New insights on Lyme Disease

Great Link Just shows how much money and research is still needed to combat these horrible little parasites and get better affective medical treatments

OMG So to summarize

The tests that show you have got Lymes are unable to pick up 40% of infections, and the tests to show that you are free from Lymes are less effective than that, with more than likely under 50% effectiveness, and relatively few people actually get the tell tale Bullseye rash.Long term infections means that you are really screwed, with possible Dementia being the possible result amongst others............. Oh and its on the increase in the UK

Super scary stuff indeed !!

Absolutely Fabulous NOT

Read a link now saying that mosquitos in Germany tested & found to be carrying Lymes so possibility of it not just being tick borne ??

Paul

Read a link now saying that mosquitos in Germany tested & found to be carrying Lymes so possibility of it not just being tick borne ??

Paul

Do you have the link please? The wife of a very good friend of mine in Hamburg was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease (after loads of previous tests) and is seriously unwell.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry it was round about date I posted on here , think it was my BBC news app...ill try to find it

Paul

Thanks for posting this link and the thread. Very interesting. As I've said before on this forum Lymes is a very serious and tricky bug to crack. It is best to remain vigilant and always do a post walk / stalk body search and avoid the initial infection. Ticks like warm dark creases so don't forget those places !

Many thanks.

I have forwarded these links to my friend in Hamburg and I hope they help.

I had Lyme disease (fortunately, with the very visible bullseye rash / markings) but what a faff to get the doctors to test for it.

If anyone on here thinks they might have Lyme disease - even without the rash - then get to the Doctor immediately and don't take no for an answer. Insist of the test.

Thanks Southern - really interesting reading. I will pass it on to a farm manager friend who has had Lymes - be interesting to see if he was treated for 20 days+!!

Hi all,two pals of mine suffer with lyme disease one is completely knackered by it, Nervous system destroyed.The other copes quite well with his symptoms,which were treated for 20 days with doxycycline. 6 weeks ago I was prescribed it for 7 days 2 of which I spent in bed,its rum stuff.Very interesting article but worrying.

Last edited:
Took the 'bullseye' with knee attached to the doctors back in 1989, sent test off iirc I think to Southampton where they were leading the way back then; test result came back 'negative', in the sense that according to the doc I had antibodies to it. Doc did say it was v hard to detect even when looking for it. I was aware of the symptoms and the warning bullseye rash, hence my turning myself in.
Apart from going doolally in my dotage, no ill effects to date, but many others have been much less fortunate.

Back