Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs in wheelchairs

I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand I think thats great and cute but the other i think that if that happens to my dog I will put him or her to sleep. It might be ok for a lap dog but for a working dog I think they would be seriously unhappy.

My dogs will need a hole in the ground before they need wheels.

Some of these are for rehabilitating foot and leg injuries, so the dogs won't be stuck in them for life.

No No No No NO

I have way to much respect for my dogs to do that to them.

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    No No No No NO

I have way to much respect for my dogs to do that to them.

+1

The dogs look happy enough and if it gives them a bit more enjoyment for a few more years then I am all for it.
    If any of them showed signs of distress then it would be a different matter.
    The dogs are not on wheels for our enjoyment so that makes a big difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    My dogs will need a hole in the ground before they need wheels.
    My feelings are exactly the same, if the dog doesn't have a decent quality of life then very often the kindest thing to do is to euthenise. Incidentally before anyone asks yes I feel pretty much the same about humans myself included.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

the dogs looked happy and someone loves the dogs enough to buy them.win win .if they looked sad then cruel but they don't.great owner even if it's not what you personally would do

Humans sometimes mentally struggle with crippling illness and injuries, and we can vocalise our frustrations.
    Animals can not vent feelings of frustration and hide pain ! So for me a crippled animal should always be PTS. I understand the guilt and pain of having an animal PTS but if you care about your pets wellbeing there is no other way.