Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: X42/44 objective variable 3-9, 4-12 or similar

  1. #1

    X42/44 objective variable 3-9, 4-12 or similar

    Anything considered
    not looking to go much above 3-400

    meopta, Zeiss conquest or similar would be just the ticket.

    have a 3-12x50 meopta for sale at 300 which is just too fat for my nice old Mauser .270 and my tired old eyes need some mag!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,829
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    just taken this of my new/old .243 bergara,

    well used zeiss 4:5/14/44 mc, you know the specs ed, has been on everything from a 308 down to a 17 hmr and back, user marks and funny marks on the front obj lens, does not effect the scope or sight picture,tracks true holds zero hence its still here,

    no no box no book and not needed now as the 243 is on hold for a buyer,

    400 to your door,

    bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  4. #4
    Swarovski Z3 3-1042 BRX ret as new boxed might need to stretch your budget though

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    just taken this of my new/old .243 bergara,

    well used zeiss 4:5/14/44 mc, you know the specs ed, has been on everything from a 308 down to a 17 hmr and back, user marks and funny marks on the front obj lens, does not effect the scope or sight picture,tracks true holds zero hence its still here,

    no no box no book and not needed now as the 243 is on hold for a buyer,

    400 to your door,

    bob
    Yes, sounds good, just the ticket...You mean the one I sold to you mint and boxed 18m ago for 395?......

    will give you 300 for it

    Sold: Zeiss Conquest MC 4.5-14x44 (Z Plex ret, 1 tube)

  6. #6
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,829
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Yes, sounds good, just the ticket...You mean the one I sold to you mint and boxed 18m ago for 395?......

    will give you 300 for it

    Sold: Zeiss Conquest MC 4.5-14x44 (Z Plex ret, 1 tube)

    sadly that's not that one ed, that's on the 20"tac, and is way better condition than this one...hence its staying on my daytime 20 tac, and 300 is way to low,

    and ps: this one has no box,never had one from day one,

    regards

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  7. #7
    Wanted: Schmidt Bender Classic variable

    note post 6 & let me know if you might be interested.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    sadly that's not that one ed, that's on the 20"tac, and is way better condition than this one...hence its staying on my daytime 20 tac, and 300 is way to low,

    and ps: this one has no box,never had one from day one,

    regards

    bob.
    so its in way worse condition than the one you bought with a box for 395?....
    sounds like 300 is bang on

    mate's rates...come on Bob, you know you want to.....
    will through in a hearty handshake to sweeten the deal!

    BTW...

    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 280
    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 290
    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 375 with turrets
    Sold: zeiss conquest 3-9 x 50 300
    For Sale: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 275



    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Wanted: Schmidt Bender Classic variable

    note post 6 & let me know if you might be interested.
    very kind but I fear out of my budget for the rifle it is going on
    Doesn't see as much use as it probably should

    sounds very nice though, perfect spec

  9. #9
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,829
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    so its in way worse condition than the one you bought with a box for 395?....
    sounds like 300 is bang on

    mate's rates...come on Bob, you know you want to.....
    will through in a hearty handshake to sweeten the deal!

    BTW...

    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 280
    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 290
    Sold: Zeiss Conquest 375 with turrets
    Sold: zeiss conquest 3-9 x 50 300
    For Sale: Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 275
    hi ed,

    your bang on bud, that's why your old one is staying,

    I am trying to sell up the stuff that i may no longer need with yet another neck operation pending, and with the possibility of not being able to shoot as much as I would like I would like to move things on,

    so,

    ill hold old on to it ed and if I fancy it I'll drop it on a big calibre like a 17 hmr that I could use for short range bunny bashing without banging my neck around .

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  10. #10
    buddy,

    that's a classic stalking/hill rifle. It wants a 4 power zeiss or S&B zeroed at 200 for a straight hold to 300. No messing about, no funny business. If you really 'neeeeeeed' the mag, consider the 3-9x36 Zeiss diatal.

    3-9 in 42 or 44 mag doesn't really exist in the good scope category. 4-12 is almost always x50 or larger objective...

    IMHO, go 4x32 or 4x36 or 3-9x36, or if you want to support Trump and Co, consider the leupold options like 2.5-8, 3-9, etc...then again, buying american you'll have to drink the blood of the unholy swine...

    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Anything considered
    not looking to go much above 3-400

    meopta, Zeiss conquest or similar would be just the ticket.

    have a 3-12x50 meopta for sale at 300 which is just too fat for my nice old Mauser .270 and my tired old eyes need some mag!
    Last edited by PKL; 20-07-2016 at 23:50.

    There are two types of shooters - the fulfilled and successful ones - with a 7 X 57 and those poor souls who have not yet decided to get one!

Similar Threads

  1. Objective diameter??
    By palmer_mike in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 13:46
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-12-2014, 16:28
  3. scope objective covers
    By Olly.243 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 10:25
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-05-2013, 21:55
  5. X42 or x56 Objective Bins?
    By Briarquest in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 16:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •