Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Conversion

Ranger Conversion

Hi

I am finalizing the design of a dog box with rifle storage draw underneath and wondered if anyone can give an idea on depth needed to accommodate a Tikka Hunter with DPT over barrel moderator ?

I figure a 5" deep draw should work, there is plenty of width to accommodate the scope.

Any help gratefully received

I would have a concern ref dog pee seeping into the lower tray how about putting the tray up on top?

Good point but the draw would be a totally desperate entity with rubber gasket between crate and steel or aluminium draw.

A lockable draw on top would be visible from the outside, where as one underneath the crate would not.
    Maybe just overkill in respect of securing the rifle/shotgun whilst in transit.

Thanks Al, I have emailed them for details of their European distributors

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I would have a concern ref dog pee seeping into the lower tray how about putting the tray up on top?
    If a dog is forced to urinate in its transport box/ sleeping compartment I`d have serious concern for its welfare and treatment by its owner.. Feck the rifle..

No worries there Scarlet my current dog box has cooling fan and animalarm temperature monitor as well as normal drinking water.
    His welfare is paramount.

Very good Ferry.. You`d be surprised by how many so called dogmen leave there hunting companions contained with the expectations of there bladder being the size of a beach ball.
    Loose them out for intervening periods guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
    No worries there Scarlet my current dog box has cooling fan and animalarm temperature monitor as well as normal drinking water.
    His welfare is paramount.

Is is that setup from CAB? Thinking of getting a twin charge system for mine.