Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, here you have it...!

So, here you have it...!

Theresa May does not intend to trigger article 50 this year, court told | Politics | The Guardian

Lawyers and Justices who believe their viewpoint is more important than the vote of the people of this Great Nation.
    They should hang their heads in shame.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Whilst I am disappointed at the leave result if we have to go through with it then surely it should be done as thoughtfully & carefully as possible with clear outcomes in mind over whatever time is required & not in a rush.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 20-07-2016 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Whilst I am disappointed at the leave result if we have to go through with it then surely it should be done as thoughtfully & carefully as possible with clear outcomes in mind over whatever time is required & not in a rush.
    +1

It matters not how keen you may be to divest yourself of the continental control club. Unless the leaving process is carried out in a steady, controlled manner you will make errors that will be guaranteed to cost you dearly later on. This is one of those occasions where enthusiasm must be tempered with deliberation and good sense to achieve the desired outcome.
    As with most things, patience.

Its going to take a year+ to iron out the new relationship with Europe, new trading relationships with other countries and so on, so I'm not massively surprised to hear this.

I would suspect it will be triggered (as Mrs May has said it definitely will be!) towards the end of next year or possibly early 2018 at the outside.

In my view, it is better to look at every legal aspect...very carefully prior to triggering art 50

Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial.
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial.

Brexit WILL go ahead, just not this year... brexit means brexit. You fail to mention the lies on the remain side of the argument that the remainers believed? Both were as bad as each other.

With both the French and German elections on the horizon, as in next year, it may be a very shrewd tactical move by the new PM, as let's be honest they are the only ones that really matter as they will call the shots for the rest of the member states.

It's difficult to deny this bearing in mind where Teresa May is today and who she is meeting on Thursday...... I'm not cynical though!!

`Thankfully brexit will never happen, and that is all that matters. How the mistake made from people who believed the lies the quitters fed them is immaterial`

If you think it will never happen then you are deluded and if it doesn`t then T.M. as P.M. will be a short lived affair.
    If it never happens then what is the point of a UK government?
    The EU as it exists is a spent force and I firmly believe that more countries will exit the EU.
    I voted out .. not for me .. for my fore fathers who fought for my children, my grand children and the future generations that will carry my name.
    The remain vote lost .. live with it and get used to it.
    Last edited by basil; 21-07-2016 at 16:43.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    In your dreams remainers....The dirty trix department may be in full swing but we are still OUT......