Thread: Praise for Ivythorn Sporting

Praise for Ivythorn Sporting

Hi all,

I just wanted to publicly thank Steve Beaty and his wonderful team at Ivythorn Sporting for the excellent service they kindly provided me when I went up last week to purchase my new rifle.

I'd already been up to the store at the tail end of last year just to have a look around as my other halfs grandparents live that neck of the woods as well, and Steve showed me the S&L rifles at that time and said to give him a call when my ticket was granted.

Well cue 2 weeks ago and I had my FAC in hand so immediately called Steve up to order in an Schultz & Larsen Victory with spiral fluting on the barrels, scope rings and a Venom moderator. I had a call back from Ivythorn 24 hours later to inform me the rifle and other kit had arrived so I booked a date to come up.

I met Steve on arrival who stripped the rifle down to show me how it was all put together over a very welcome cup of coffee and a cake and showed me how to mount the scope, explaining all the various torque settings things needed to be tightened to.

After that we were up to the zero range where Steve showed me how to collimate the rifle to set an initial point of impact on the target and then how to zero the rifle fully. I was able then spend a bit of time taking some practice shots on the range to get used to the rifle both with and without moderator.

All told I was up at Ivythorn for nearly 4 hours, was able to pick Steve and his teams collective wisdom, get familiar with my new rifle and all in a very welcoming environment with no sales pressure and a healthy dose of banter! Hopefully the next time I am up that way I can take my rifle up to get some more practice in on the range hehe!

Steve and his team at Ivythorn are A1 and I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to purchase a rifle or shotgun, or indeed any other shooting kit. I'll certainly be making the trip up there for any more kit that I buy!

What do you think of the S & L Victory? Are you pleased with it?
    CH

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    CH
    Got one in .30-06 and my mate liked it and he got one in .308! I would say it will leave you completely pleased with it if you own one. Switch barrel and a bolt that's smoother than butter gliding glass like whilst cycling it. Top quality barrel. Choice of wood grades. Mine is grade 1 and it will steadily look better as it ages.

Would I ever sell mine? No way.

Totally agree with you. Steve and his crew are so easy to deal with you don't mind parting with your cash. Like you, I was amazed at where the time went.
    Hope the S&L lives up to your expectations. Enjoy.

Look forward to seeing the new rifle Stu when you are next with me.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I've bought two rifles from Steve. He has given me good honest advice, and it's a bonus to be able to leave with a new rifle that has been fully zeroed on his range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    CH
    Absolutely love it! Its very classic looking and shoots a dream - Not the cheapest of rifles out there (though also not the most expensive either!) but definitely worth the money in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Look forward to seeing the new rifle Stu when you are next with me.
    Thanks Malc! Cant wait, really looking forward to it! Just a bit too much of a gap in the diary for my liking between then and now hehe

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to publicly thank Steve Beaty and his wonderful team at Ivythorn Sporting for the excellent service they kindly provided me when I went up last week to purchase my new rifle.

Steve and his team at Ivythorn are A1 and I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to purchase a rifle or shotgun, or indeed any other shooting kit. I'll certainly be making the trip up there for any more kit that I buy!
    I bought my last rifle from Ivythorn, a S/H Sauer 202 XT .243 Win with a set trigger, and I am very pleased with it. You can try the rifle out on the range before purchase even using Steve's ammo, with no obligation to buy.

I am now buying a new Swarovski Z6i 3-18 x 50 BT scope from Ivythorn, which I hope to pick up from Ivythorn in the next couple of days. While I am there, I shall try out one of the Armsan semi-auto shotguns.

If you are considering buying a rifle, shotgun or optics, give Ivythorn a call - it is well worth a drive down to Somerset.