Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban cigars...i have no idea what to buy

Cuban cigars...i have no idea what to buy

Some advice please.
    I want to buy some cuban cigars for my friend in Montana when i go over, he has been such a great help in the past.
    But, i have never smoked, so i haven't got a clue, but in Exeter there is a shop i can get them from.
    I do have a limited budget, as i understand some can be very, very expensive!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Richard

Romeo y Julieta No.2 very nice smoke as is Montecristo they are my favourites. Buy them in the duty free much cheaper.
    Tusker
    Last edited by tusker; 24-07-2016 at 11:44. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Romeo y Julieta No.2 very nice smoke as is Montecristo they are my favourites.
    Tusker
    Good choices
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Some advice please.
    I want to buy some cuban cigars for my friend in Montana when i go over, he has been such a great help in the past.
    But, i have never smoked, so i haven't got a clue, but in Exeter there is a shop i can get them from.
    I do have a limited budget, as i understand some can be very, very expensive!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Richard
    As above , get them in the "Duty Free"..... still not cheap, but much less than retail in UK - My choice would be a Montecristo#3......

That will be much appreciated by any cigar enthusiast.

If your local shop is anything like the one I use then the owner should be very friendly and happy to advise you if you give him some info on your friend and your budget.

My old fav was the R&J #4 very smooth , cool Smoke add a nice ruby port in the other hand haaa Bisto , this makes me wonder why did I give up log sucking ? hmm I remember £9 A Pop Back then @ 3 box's x 10 each a week soon added up to a new rifle each month up in white smoke

The Trinidad range is great. And a bit less mainstream than R&J or a monte.

Richard,

I was in Cuba last year and the two brands in the photo were highly recommended by a number of people, so I purchased some for those special occasions in life.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	818.3 KB 
ID:	72580

Quote Originally Posted by 243 Stalker View Post
    Richard,

I was in Cuba last year and the two brands in the photo were highly recommended by a number of people, so I purchased some for those special occasions in life.

ATB 243 Stalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	818.3 KB 
ID:	72580
    You are an awful man, I hoped nobody would mention the word Cohiba. I have come over all unnecessary and can taste it whilst salivating and trying to light my pipe.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

The problem is legally getting the Cuban cigars in to the USA. I don't know if the Obama regime has yet dropped the ban on importation, though they are promising that, and lots more, to Castro.

I don't smoke many cigars anymore, but used to travel on business to all over the Caribbean, and found that the expatriate cigars by the families who fled Cuba actually made cigars superior, to my tastes and my friends' tastes, to any Cubans we tried ( Cohiba, Upmann, Montecristo ). Premium Dominican and Nicaraguan smokes, like Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur, Padron, etc were only about $1 a stick in the D.R., and two boxes duty free for us then.