Thread: CZ 527 help

CZ 527 help

Evening all
    some info please.
    Would it be possible for someone to take a picture of a CZ 527 and CZ 527-m (7.62x39) side you side please? For size reference. The reason I ask is I have one in 17 rem and am wondering about rebarreling in 6.5 Grendel, I know I will need different bottom metal and magazine.
    cheers

Don't forget machining the bolt to suit, and obtaining a 7.62 mag.
    There is a reason the last time Edgar's had a box full of 7.62's they were all bought by one shop
    as donor actions, for 6.5 G

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Loader View Post
    Evening all
    some info please.
    Would it be possible for someone to take a picture of a CZ 527 and CZ 527-m (7.62x39) side you side please? For size reference. The reason I ask is I have one in 17 rem and am wondering about rebarreling in 6.5 Grendel, I know I will need different bottom metal and magazine.
    cheers
    Had to chuckle at the nerve of this. Have you tried a site search on the CZ527 in the parent calibre?

The resident expert is buck732. The links are on here. Hes helped me out with the practicalities face to face on the shooting line, but there is no left hand model available in 7.62 x 39.

I suggest you do some legwork & contact him direct.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Had to chuckle at the nerve of this. Have you tried a site search on the CZ527 in the parent calibre?

The resident expert is buck732. The links are on here. He’s helped me out with the practicalities face to face on the shooting line, but there is no left hand model available in 7.62 x 39.

I suggest you do some legwork & contact him direct.
    I have googled the question but haven't found any pics from above!

I have googled the question but haven't found any pics from above!
    I have both rifles but posting photo's is a nuisance. What exactly are you trying to find out? Would magazine dimensions work?~Muir

I was trying to work out if it was worth trying to rebarrel a 527 in 17 rem into 6.5 Grendel?
    But as a result of this ask I have been offered a 527 in 7.62x39 which provided a deal can be done and the boys in blue will allow it I'll have use then rebarrel later.

I was trying to work out if it was worth trying to rebarrel a 527 in 17 rem into 6.5 Grendel?
    But as a result of this ask I have been offered a 527 in 7.62x39 which provided a deal can be done and the boys in blue will allow it I'll have use then rebarrel later.
    Always a better choice tho CZ (at least CZ USA) sells complete bolts for the 7.62x39 for $190 US.~Muir