Good quality mounts for a remington 700 !

User00014

Morning all,

i have decided to head down the semi custom route for my next stalking rifle .

I have ordered a remington 700 sps in 30.06 with a left hand action , with the intention of adding the custom bits as and when funds allow !

Now what im after is a rock solid set of mounts , some thing simlar to the sako/tikka opti loc !

But i do like the idea od having a set of quick release for traveling abroard etc .

As always i welcome your opinions and surgestions !

Cheers lee

Two suggestions come immediately to mind for a Remington 700, picitinny rail or Leupold QR.

Lee. Burris Signature Rings with offset inserts on top of Weaver bases. Warne rings are fine if everything points in the right direction, but when things don't line up they are useless. See my gallery for this set-up on the 260 Rem. Rgds JCS

Lee. Burris Signature Rings with offset inserts on top of Weaver bases. Warne rings are fine if everything points in the right direction, but when things don't line up they are useless. See my gallery for this set-up on the 260 Rem. Rgds JCS

had a look and very nice indeed , just the kind of thing im looking for !

its all very strange , when you are so used to one kind of rifle (tikka in my case) and then get or getting a new addition to the gun box and a different brand , it opens your eyes to a whole new world of possabilitys and combinations !

im thinking this long term remington project is going to be a real eye opener !

cheers lee

I would go for a set of Burris Signature rings with the 4 bolt fixing and nylon insets this gives you some room to play with to get your reticule centered, mount them on a rail or Weaver bases, on a stalking rifle I don’t really see the need for a rail, extra weight, but other like them.

P1010148-1.jpg

P1010155-1.jpg

ATB

Tahr

Last edited:
I have Warne bases and Warne quick release rings on mine. They haven't let me down yet.

+ 1 on that - and mine are on a 30-06 700 too.

The Warne Picatinny rail is nicely made, reasonably priced and, with the addition of Loctite, fits very snugly. The rings - I have fixed, not QR - need no lapping. Highly recommended.

Hi,
I put Hilver bases & rings on my Remi 700BDL after having the same set-up on my Sako, with the same positive & reliable results.:tiphat:
atb,

Moe..

Just to add another brand to the others mentioned before - I have a set of steel Talley mounts, simple and rugged, also available as a QD or alloy options.
Regards Toby

One piece picatinny with badger ordnance, ken farrell, tps, third eye tactical, nightforce etc rings, preferably lapped in too. I would avoid the windage adjustable types (leupold standard, hillver etc. No doubt they work but I dont think they are half as as solid and you can ding the tube more easily..........INCOMING!!!!!:stir:

I have a Ken Farrell picatinny base: well made but be warned, it's quite high.

I've got a pair of TPS 'HRT' rings: very nicely machined.

I agree about the windage bases: great way to ruin a good scope!

i have talley rings and bases, because thats what the rifle came with! not QR but could be if you have a torx driver of the correct size. i've had warne fixed and qd, i thought they were ok, the qd handles feel a bit cheap though.

nothing beats the blaser saddle mount though :smug:

I would go with Burris signatures or Talley.

The signatures give you the option of the inserts to gain a max incline of 20 MOA up or down and no lapping required.

The Talleys are lightweight and one piece and I did lap mine but they are superb mounts but don't give you the option of the inclination.

Sorry guys but I think I've missed something here. Wasn't the original question about quick release systems for a Remington 700?

Also why would you want a 20moa ski jump on a stalking rifle?:confused:

Sorry guys but I think I've missed something here. Wasn't the original question about quick release systems for a Remington 700?

Also why would you want a 20moa ski jump on a stalking rifle?:confused:

You mean you don't shot deer at 800 yards ?

Back