Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good quality mounts for a remington 700 !

Good quality mounts for a remington 700 !

Morning all,

i have decided to head down the semi custom route for my next stalking rifle .

I have ordered a remington 700 sps in 30.06 with a left hand action , with the intention of adding the custom bits as and when funds allow !

Now what im after is a rock solid set of mounts , some thing simlar to the sako/tikka opti loc !

But i do like the idea od having a set of quick release for traveling abroard etc .

As always i welcome your opinions and surgestions !

Cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Two suggestions come immediately to mind for a Remington 700, picitinny rail or Leupold QR.

I have Warne bases and Warne quick release rings on mine. They haven't let me down yet.

Lee. Burris Signature Rings with offset inserts on top of Weaver bases. Warne rings are fine if everything points in the right direction, but when things don't line up they are useless. See my gallery for this set-up on the 260 Rem. Rgds JCS

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have Warne bases and Warne quick release rings on mine. They haven't let me down yet.

i have leupold bases and warne mounts. there solild going to get a quick release pair next

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Lee. Burris Signature Rings with offset inserts on top of Weaver bases. Warne rings are fine if everything points in the right direction, but when things don't line up they are useless. See my gallery for this set-up on the 260 Rem. Rgds JCS
    had a look and very nice indeed , just the kind of thing im looking for !

its all very strange , when you are so used to one kind of rifle (tikka in my case) and then get or getting a new addition to the gun box and a different brand , it opens your eyes to a whole new world of possabilitys and combinations !

im thinking this long term remington project is going to be a real eye opener !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I would go for a set of Burris Signature rings with the 4 bolt fixing and nylon insets this gives you some room to play with to get your reticule centered, mount them on a rail or Weaver bases, on a stalking rifle I don’t really see the need for a rail, extra weight, but other like them.

ATB

Tahr
    Last edited by Thar; 20-06-2010 at 13:11.

hi
    give Peter at 'Armalon' a call if you want cnc picatinny and rings. top quality.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    + 1 on that - and mine are on a 30-06 700 too.

The Warne Picatinny rail is nicely made, reasonably priced and, with the addition of Loctite, fits very snugly. The rings - I have fixed, not QR - need no lapping. Highly recommended.
    KevinF -

Hi,
    I put Hilver bases & rings on my Remi 700BDL after having the same set-up on my Sako, with the same positive & reliable results.
    atb,

Moe..
    Don't put your fingers, where you wouldn't put yer " Pecker"