Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 Trigger recall 2016

Remington 700 Trigger recall 2016

Hi all,
    Just looked at the American kerfuffle over the 700s dodgy trigger from some years ago. OMG Remington knew all about the potential risk decades ago! As I have just bought a brand new 30.06, I was surfing the web as you do, and this chap had some advice on serial numbers and barrel manufacturing dates and it seems that a barrel and action may be in the factory for years apart before they come together as one with different date letters.
    Well, the chap also mentioned Remingtons serial no checker and the trigger stuff. YES, you've guessed it, mine is suspect and I have'nt even fired a shot. (possible blessing ! )
    SMK apparently are the UK Remington authorised dealers so my enquirey on this situation is on its way to them as I write.

Will keep you posted.

Bullet chucker , are you able to post a link to the serial number website so we can check?

Many thanks

Ive been waiting over 2 years for a collection notice !

Remington and SMK and Riflecraft and before that Edgar Bro's all all been emailed, replied and said a collection note will arrive ! I have two Remington's both now wear Jewell Triggers fitted by myself.
    Do not expect much as they just don't care !

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmac View Post
    Bullet chucker , are you able to post a link to the serial number website so we can check?

Many thanks
    No problem Dogmac, try...xmprecall.remington.com
    It should come up top of the remmy list.
    Cheers BC.

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Ive been waiting over 2 years for a collection notice !

Remington and SMK and Riflecraft and before that Edgar Bro's all all been emailed, replied and said a collection note will arrive ! I have two Remington's both now wear Jewell Triggers fitted by myself.
    Do not expect much as they just don't care !
    splash,
    Sorry to here of your situation. I can only hope mine will fair better.
    BC.

My 2 Rems have Huber Roller triggers fitted by myself.
    Not cheap but the dogs b+llocks IMHO

Many thanks for postin the link.

Still cannot see what is mechanically wrong with this trigger unit, (Too much threadlock or somesuch crap!), but, in this arse covering world of ours, mine has been replaced with an aftermarket unit.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I am not sure why Remington just doesnt fit Jewell triggers as standard. I have got 2 personal remingtons with jewells on and they are super. I have a work remington and I am not allowed to put a jewell on it even though Ive got a spare one in the cupboard.

I have heard that remington has went back to fitting the J-lock on the bolts and the triggers are even worse than they used to be, not sure if this is indeed the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmac View Post
    Many thanks for postin the link.