Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer dogs

Deer dogs

Been watching quite a few vids on YouTube of late with people having deer dogs with them
    After the shot has taken place and they're on the approach to find the deer I'm seeing quite a few allow the dog to gallop off in front and get to the fallen beast first.
    Now for the bit I don't get, on several videos I see the dog bites/nips at the deer or lick at the entry/exit wound !! I'm wondering are these deer then being processed into the food chain ?
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Are you suggesting Jimmy that the slavers from a dog could cause cross contamination ?

Yeah davie that was my train of thought as we go to all sorts of lengths like gloves/sleeves sterilisation of knife and not putting it on floor in between cuts etc yet on these videos the dogs just been all over the carcass
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Yes mine are. Dog needs to associate the effort with reward. You will see that with Swedish moose hunters. I guess they are following a tradition and not a book.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

I'm truly amazed the human race ever managed to live beyond its first day.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    I'm truly amazed the human race ever managed to live beyond its first day.

Wolfie
    Yep!!!! I wonder how far we can take the hygiene regards deer going into the food chain?
    "Hang it up, hose it down and say bugger all"!!! I used to be told!!!

Do not fear,UKSHA use an internationally,government approved antiseptic mouthwash on the dogs,the handlers however have stinking breath and it is indeed the handlers that will cross-contaminate anything.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Attachment 72720
    Sorted it George but she not keen on the taste lol

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Sorry guys it's was a slow boring day at work !!!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I am surprised people ever make a shot count as all the stuff they must be thinking about must with there check list and all the other s##t will give the deer loads of time to #### off...........

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....