Fleece jacket

marrajack

My kindly pointer destroyed my fleece I have had for many years
any shouts out for a new stalking - hiking replacement gratefully recieved

I have the Ridgeline one with the wind proof membrane in it. This makes it very warm but a little sweaty if walking hard but on the plus side it's great for sitting out anywhere exposed or if the temp drops.

Helly-Hansen field, the king of fleeces!! Will last you a life time..............unless you wear it heather burning :rolleyes: that's why I'm on my second, if I burn it, loose it, have it stolen or a dog eats it I'd buy another without hesitation.

The Harkila Kamko is worth serious consideration.

Reversible (mine is brown and blaze orange), I pretty much lived in mine last season. Wore it everywhere - game shooting, stalking, walking the dogs, down the pub and - if I had to - shopping.

My only criticism would be that the pockets are identical on both sides, so if you forget to zip up the ones on the inside you can put an item in your pocket and find it went right through the other side and dropped out the bottom. If that sounds like it's been experienced first hand, it has :oops:

Best fleeces I own are the Patagonia Better Sweater (I have the 1/4 zip pullover versions) and Swazi Doughroaster. Both excellent. Very hard wearing and windproof yet lightweight.

I agree with Willie-Gun

Ive found the Kambo a great jacket/fleece. Picked one up at the start of the year and have so far used it in Scotland stalking on the hinds in snow and also in Canada Skiing. In Canda I used it in the evening around the town between bars and it was great. Again I would agree with his comments on the pockets, in fact they probably have one or two too many pocket. Finally it's a smart looking jacket and the wife has tried to steal it a couple of times.

The Harkila Kamko is worth serious consideration.

Reversible (mine is brown and blaze orange), I pretty much lived in mine last season. Wore it everywhere - game shooting, stalking, walking the dogs, down the pub and - if I had to - shopping.

My only criticism would be that the pockets are identical on both sides, so if you forget to zip up the ones on the inside you can put an item in your pocket and find it went right through the other side and dropped out the bottom. If that sounds like it's been experienced first hand, it has :oops:

Best fleeces I own are the Patagonia Better Sweater (I have the 1/4 zip pullover versions) and Swazi Doughroaster. Both excellent. Very hard wearing and windproof yet lightweight.

Nice as it is, I thought the Doughroaster was more a pullover than a jacket? Swazi do the Molesworth, but £190 for what looks like pretty much a bog-standard fleece jacket seems a bit over the top. Maybe if I saw one in the flesh I might think differently.

If the OP is considering a pullover type fleece then certainly he need look no further than the Swazi range - Bush Shirt, Back 40, Brocco - they're all excellent.

Just bought a Harkila reversible fleece optifade and just plain green cracking jacket windstopper and plenty of pockets not cheap but I'm hoping it's going to last time will tell.

I've read a lot of good about the TAD gear Ranger Hoodie. Not cheap, but neither is the Harkila.
Helikon Tex make a cheaper copy.

Harkila Q . Reversible. On my second after five years although first version wasn't optifade. Plenty of pockets. Windproof.

Back