Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pope

The Pope

The chap is of the opinion that the present happenings are not related to religion, what planetary journey did he just re enter from?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I think the point is the Muslim religion is not the problem, this is a cult/sect of lunatics parading under a banner of Islam but that most Muslims would denounce as anything but holy or related to the beliefs they hold dear.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I think the point is the Muslim religion is not the problem, this is a cult/sect of lunatics parading under a banner of Islam but that most Muslims would denounce as anything but holy or related to the beliefs they hold dear.
    I am sure you are correct but I would be more convinced if more Muslims openly denounced these people and reported the ones they have suspicions about to the Police.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
    I am sure you are correct but I would be more convinced if more Muslims openly denounced these people and reported the ones they have suspicions about to the Police.

Tony
    They were interviewing one such chap today on the radio, he had regular open dialogue with our security services and said that that was what set Britain apart from the recent events in Germany and France, that we do have a lot more of that kind of interaction than most of us will ever know about.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Well when you preside over a large amount of historical child abusers I would guess his compass is a bit off at times!

I dislike religion immensely and even more so when it's forced onto people. I also don't like MENA Islam having lived out in the Middle East I find their views antiquated at best and can't possibly see how it interacts with western society. People will raise the arguments about our large swathes of moderate Muslims which I agree with on the whole ours are more moderate but when the day comes to choose between country and faith I can't see it going favourably for non Muslims. With the falling oil price, political instability in the region and even things like climate change I can't possibly see it ending well so to that end in a small part I agree with the pope but obviously their is a cancer within the faith.

As much as I don't care to subscribe to any religion, I do believe the world would be a lot darker place without it - you have to consider how much anger and retaliation is mitigated and diffused by a strong belief of being peaceful, understanding and forgiving - imagine if that did not exist? It would truly be a free for all
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Religion is the cancer what ever flavour you choose..

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    As much as I don't care to subscribe to any religion, I do believe the world would be a lot darker place without it - you have to consider how much anger and retaliation is mitigated and diffused by a strong belief of being peaceful, understanding and forgiving - imagine if that did not exist? It would truly be a free for all

Religion really does bring a lot of peace to a lot of people. As you say, the world would be a worse place without it.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    They were interviewing one such chap today on the radio, he had regular open dialogue with our security services and said that that was what set Britain apart from the recent events in Germany and France, that we do have a lot more of that kind of interaction than most of us will ever know about.
    I suspect that you are correct about the interaction but would think most of it is instigated by our security services .I find it difficult to believe that someone who genuinely had regular open dialogue with the security services would come on the radio and admit to it or that the Security services would let him do it.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Religion is the cancer what ever flavour you choose..
    What a caustic comment that one is, and unfortunately so many people hold the same opinion.
    It is possible to have strong religious beliefs without being a menace to society and to live a normal life in harmony with others whilst trying to practice those beliefs for the good of all. Unfortunately the Islamic religion is a total way of life and detrimental to our type of society, but not all religion is carcinogenic.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.