Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on my patch

thoughts on my patch

hi all,

i have just been onto our patch we have and i have noticed 1 thing there is that the deer do not stay about when they see or hear a vehicle but just a a few miles away they just stand and look up at you .

what could cause this .

regards

chris

Could be that somebody has been shooting at your deer from a vehicle

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    this could turn out to be a good thread,,, i drive the road every day past our ground and friends farm 2 miles away theirs been for years 7 big bucks i have sole shooting rights with my mate but we dont shoot the deer their as its lovely to see them ill sit in jeep day in day out watching them but since bucks have been in this season theirs not 1 left ???? their quite a bit of poaching going on in area and over last 2 weeks have noticed that if theirs any does out and i drive past they are right on our case, but if we slow down in anyway they are of like a shot.... your deer must be getting shot at from vehicles. . . . or 1 vehicle containing poachers,

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    hi all,

i have just been onto our patch we have and i have noticed 1 thing there is that the deer do not stay about when they see or hear a vehicle but just a a few miles away they just stand and look up at you .

what could cause this .

regards

chris
    C,

i was driving down from a job at huntly the other day and spied a roe buck(old animal not young) from the van, i pulled up and spied him for 10 minutes he never moved. i dont think he even knew what was going on. i took out my phone to get a photo but he moved into the trees..
    i like you have also been on a bit of land where i live and seen a deer on there in feburary, soon as i slowed down to spy her she was off at mach 10 speed, she didnt even slow to look if i was still there. the only reason for this is they have been either shot at or spooked before. i know that we all may have an issue with possible drive bys as its common practice in my opinion round most of the countryside. more common than we wish it to be.

anyway my point is, if its scared, its scared for a reason mate. animals are cleaver and they do learn what's good and what's bad.

hope things pick up mate. mind if they stood there all the time it would not be stalking.

our deer are of as fast as you like and upto 4-500 yrds away all you ever see is ar--- sorry the back sides going away from you .

seems like you too have issues mate..
    i reckon you probably know that and i hate to be the one to say it ..

sorry mate

atb frank

yes frank you are right and i will have to come up with a cunning plan to stalk these animals.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    yes frank you are right and i will have to come up with a cunning plan to stalk these animals.
    drink red bull gives you wings ha ha

On a similar thing.
    We lamp alot of foxes and on ground untouched by poachers the deer are calm and we can drive up and assess the beasts, on land which is visited show a light and the deer flee to the woods.
    They are not that stupid and soon learn.
    My view is you are getting unwanted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    On a similar thing.
    We lamp alot of foxes and on ground untouched by poachers the deer are calm and we can drive up and assess the beasts, on land which is visited show a light and the deer flee to the woods.
    They are not that stupid and soon learn.
    My view is you are getting unwanted attention.
    hello john,

my thoughts where that there could be members in the syndicate just doing drive bys all the time as all the gates are locked and we all have the keys , no public access. it is very frustrating as we have to get 65 bucks and are only upto half that figure.

regards
    chris