Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meindl Dovre - where to buy

Meindl Dovre - where to buy

Where do recommend to buy these boots from? Lower price is obviously a bonus, but I want to know that if I do have a problem in the future with them that the seller will help me out getting them replaced etc.

Quote Originally Posted by freid View Post
    Where do recommend to buy these boots from? Lower price is obviously a bonus, but I want to know that if I do have a problem in the future with them that the seller will help me out getting them replaced etc.
    I bought mine a couple of years ago from Bushwear. They were on special offer over the game fair weekend then...maybe again this year...I have not had a problem with the boots so cannot say what the customer service would be like.

If you have not had them before don't take any notice of the "broad fitting" description. They are the same fit as all my other toe-tector work boots. The next pair I will get at 11.5 rather than size 11 so I can wear liner + thick boot socks.

Alan

Buy local. You may save 20-30 shopping on the net, but buy local and you can try them on, and if they leak etc in the future, you'll lose what you saved in postage.

If you have a problem, the importers are great ! I had a boot that squeeked spoke to the importer. sent it back to be checked they sent me a new pair two days later ! A1

Bushwear. Bought a pair two years ago and they leaked so took them back. Had a new pair within a week. Good service

To be fair the price we pay for boots they should not leak.

Get yourself onto Rob at Monarch and get Lowa - better boots for me mate

Got mine from hill and dale, over the web

I wore Meindl's for a few years, yes they are good but +200 good? Switched to Lowa Mountain Boots and they're everything you could want at a fraction of the cost. I'd give them a look.
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270

If you are in Lancashire / North call into Malmo Guns (M6 Jn 33)
    Good stock and friendly, helpful service.