Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: S & B PMII 5-20x50 Ultra Short

  1. #1

    S & B PMII 5-20x50 Ultra Short

    Does anyone use one of these? Anyone have any opinions?

    I saw one on an Accuracy International rifle at The Shooting Show a few years back and thought it looked a lovely scope, I like how compact it is and how well made. It would be going on my .260 for Stalking/Fox and also some long range targets.

    Kind Regards

    Gareth

  2. #2
    I've seen these , as long as you have enough room to mount it then as you say a cracking scope I'd certainly give one a try

  3. #3
    I'd be putting it on a Sako 85 Varmint but using a Contessa Picitinny rail so should be good. Just didn't know weather I should choose an Ultra Short or just the std length version.


    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I've seen these , as long as you have enough room to mount it then as you say a cracking scope I'd certainly give one a try

  4. #4
    If you have the opportunity to try the length on your specific action size I'd do that just to be sure

    tier one do 34mm rings that attach to Sako dovetails in whatever height you require if you wanted to mount it direct without the rail as I did consider mounting a pm11 to a Sako 85 varmint a few years ago

  5. #5
    Yes I think the mounting aspect may be the only prob with the ultra short, especially if it was illuminated as there wont be much scope tube available for placing the rings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    If you have the opportunity to try the length on your specific action size I'd do that just to be sure

    tier one do 34mm rings that attach to Sako dovetails in whatever height you require if you wanted to mount it direct without the rail as I did consider mounting a pm11 to a Sako 85 varmint a few years ago

  6. #6
    My honest opinion, flog the Sako and get a T3x CTR. Much better rifle. Spuhr makes mounts that go directly onto the T3 rail or the version for the Pica rail as I have. No problemwith scope position. Mine is a 20 MOA Spuhr mount.
    edi



  7. #7
    That does look a lovely rifle you have there. How do you rate the scope? Which reticle do you have?

    Kind Regards

    Gareth

    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    My honest opinion, flog the Sako and get a T3x CTR. Much better rifle. Spuhr makes mounts that go directly onto the T3 rail or the version for the Pica rail as I have. No problemwith scope position. Mine is a 20 MOA Spuhr mount.
    edi



  8. #8
    At first i didn't like the scope. Took me a while to adjust the eye piece so that the scope was good at the highest mag. Turrets need a bit getting used to. After a few months of shooting it from 50yds to almost 1000yds i think it is fantastic. It is a brute of a scope build wise but not too big. I will miss this scope when i have to return it. 3-20 mag is fantastic for a hunting scope.
    One negative thing though, the paralax numbers are far off.
    I have the p4lfine reticle.
    edi

Similar Threads

  1. PMII Ultra Short, anybody using one?
    By munty123 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 11:05
  2. Schmidt and bender 5-20 ultra short
    By Rob Dhu in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 16:47
  3. How short is to short on my Howa 1500 .243
    By SHIPPERS2 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-11-2014, 01:18
  4. How short is too short (.22lr barrel)
    By bewsher500 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17-06-2014, 19:52
  5. S & B PMII
    By schmidtman in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-06-2008, 20:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •