Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police spot checks Lancashire

Police spot checks Lancashire

Hi guys Just had a unannounced spot check on gun cabinate security by the Lancashire police on Wednesday.
    I know of five other guys from local clubs, one comes under GMP, the other four and myself come under Lancashire, who have also had these spot checks in the last couple of weeks.
    Has anyone else had these checks in recent weeks?

Did you let them in to look around?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Did you let them in to look around?
    Yes I have no problem with them checking my security, I have nothing to hide.

You would have thought with a backlog of over 6 months for certificates that they could have spent their time more effectively!!

How stupid. Six month back log on new applicants and that's with renewals and variations given priority. Such a ******** system. I recently sent the email I received from Lanca***** police top brass to Basc who are investigating the flawed process.

Out of interest if you are not in and cohabit with someone else are they entitled to tell them to do one?

They can tell them you're not at home and to call back when you're available. The ticket holder is the only person allowed to have access to the weapons.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    You would have thought with a backlog of over 6 months for certificates that they could have spent their time more effectively!!
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie-uk View Post
    Yes I have no problem with them checking my security, I have nothing to hide.
    How would you feel if they knocked on your door and asked to search you for illicit drugs, just as a routine check? This 'nothing to hide' business is the road to a police state. The only response to 'routine check' should be "It's not convenient right now. please call and make an appointment." This nonsense is nothing more than state sponsored bullying. It amounts to an illegal search and an abuse of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    How would you feel if they knocked on your door and asked to search you for illicit drugs, just as a routine check? This 'nothing to hide' business is the road to a police state. The only response to 'routine check' should be "It's not convenient right now. please call and make an appointment." This nonsense is nothing more than state sponsored bullying. It amounts to an illegal search and an abuse of authority.
    If it keeps our country safe then what have we got to complain about? They're welcome to check my security any time! No idea why it could be classed as bullying?

I am always stunned by these threads how so many people are willing to give up their basic freedoms.

Wolfie