Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ragley Hall Game Fair

Ragley Hall Game Fair

Anyone been today, thinking of going on Sunday looking for some feedback

Been today, really good show, not as big as the old CLA but plenty big enough fro me

I went today as well, and I enjoyed it. In particular the hounds parade, various gundog events and the Shetland pony grand national. Came away with a few clothes for the wife (how did that happen?!) a collar for my little dog and a big butcher's steak/dicing knife.
    Take a packed lunch if you're tight like me, there's loads of food on offer but it's eye-wateringly expensive.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Thanks for the info will go on Sunday, it seems to be worth the effort.

Good day out of you lie variety, but it's not the British Shooting Show so don't expect much of gunmakers row and the fishing village is more of a hamlet and a poor one at that! Not a patch on the GF's of yesteryear, but still a well organised day out, providing the weather holds.....

Alas smaller than the CLA of old, but hopefully a sound basis to build on. It was always going to be difficult with 4 replacement fairs in the offering at one stage, I just hope they get enough footfall to cover costs and secure the trade support and sponsorship required to carry on. My party of 5 enjoyed it and will be at Hatfield in 2017.

good deals at fortis clothing got a stalker smock for 125 rather the 245 if anyones down there tomorrow ��

Quote Originally Posted by boar & deer View Post
    good deals at fortis clothing got a stalker smock for 125 rather the 245 if anyones down there tomorrow ��
    Thats the first time I have heard any one getting a deal at fortis/country covers.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1066 View Post
    Alas smaller than the CLA of old, but hopefully a sound basis to build on.
    My initial thought.
    I just hope they get enough footfall to cover costs and secure the trade support and sponsorship required to carry on.
    Let's hope so.
    Plenty of room on the site for future expansion.
    Managed to find somewhere to buy a DPT moderator in the end(A1 Decoy), and met Bill Evans.
    Spotted Neil McKillop(I think) but turned to speak to him and he had disappeared in the crowd.

Went Saturday and also had a freebie ticket for Sunday, but we saw everything on the first day, so the freebie ticket was not used. Weather was good Saturday and we had a good day overall, but I agree with all the other comments that it is not a patch on the old CLA GF of old at Ragley. The fishing side was a disaster, almost nothing. I thought even gun makers row was vastly depleted, a fair amount of the "expensive" interesting companies like Holland and Holland etc were missing and there was not a lot of the smaller suppliers, other than clothing or just gun sales. I had a longish list to purchase and took the FAC, but only purchased 2 shirts and a cheap knife. We enjoyed the day but its not what it was. Maybe next years GF being closer to London at Hatfield house will attract more suppliers and the London names.