Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: RSPCA and Firearms.

  1. #1

    RSPCA and Firearms.

    I spoke to an armourer the other day who is part brokering a deal to supply the RSPCA with 30-06 Rifle's and .38 calibre pistols, apparently they do everything 'in house' now as opposed to having people on a short list to carry out work involving firearms.

  2. #2
    All the easier for them to pretend to have nothing to do with firearms in the future. What a contemptible organisation they have become.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I spoke to an armourer the other day who is part brokering a deal to supply the RSPCA with 30-06 Rifle's and .38 calibre pistols, apparently they do everything 'in house' now as opposed to having people on a short list to carry out work involving firearms.
    A little off topic, your avatar got me curious and I cannot read the Major's response, it is too fuzzy on your picture. Enlighten me please on the response in the speech bubble.

    And how many shotguns are purchased by employees of the RSPB?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    A little off topic, your avatar got me curious and I cannot read the Major's response, it is too fuzzy on your picture. Enlighten me please on the response in the speech bubble.

    And how many shotguns are purchased by employees of the RSPB?

    It says "Well so is quaffing laudanum and buggering the servants.... but they'll never take me alive"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    It says "Well so is quaffing laudanum and buggering the servants.... but they'll never take me alive"
    very good

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I spoke to an armourer the other day who is part brokering a deal to supply the RSPCA with 30-06 Rifle's and .38 calibre pistols, apparently they do everything 'in house' now as opposed to having people on a short list to carry out work involving firearms.
    Probably quite true as I am aware they have been training with the police and are moving forward I believe with this.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Probably quite true as I am aware they have been training with the police and are moving forward I believe with this.
    Seems a little incongruous. The police training with firearms is somewhat different than for those who would use them for hunting and culling. Unless of course the RSPCA's goal in doing this is to eliminate all resistance...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Seems a little incongruous. The police training with firearms is somewhat different than for those who would use them for hunting and culling.
    Not really. Firearms officers are frequently called upon to despatch rogue/injured/escaped/dangerous animals and in the past have had some stick for the way it's been done. (As we all now know a wheel brace is not an approved tool for deer euthanasia.) I know of one very unhappy Belgian Blue that was not quite as 'dead' as it should have been, having received a .308 to the head at short range.
    I suspect that in these times of financial restraint the police are looking to divest themselves of any involvement in 'non-core policing' activity and will happily hand over responsibility for shooting errant domestic stock and maimed wildlife to the RSPCA. Good news for the police - loose the adverse PR and costs. Good news for RSPCA as their 'empire' expands and they can market themselves as the national 'experts' in humane despatch. Watch this space for the turf war over whose 'standards' should be 'nationally recognised' ... None of which has any bearing on what might be in the best interests of animal welfare...

  9. #9
    From what experience I have had with the RSPCA in the past acquiring firearms is probably to help with fundraising ????

    Tony

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
    From what experience I have had with the RSPCA in the past acquiring firearms is probably to help with fundraising ????

    Tony

    Maybe they are going down the post office route?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 21:19
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 27-08-2013, 17:01
  3. rspca
    By finnbear270 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 17:31
  4. So where were the RSPCA in this one?
    By bobt in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-05-2013, 08:56
  5. Rspca
    By bobt in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 20:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •