Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitlers Hunting Experiment.

Hitlers Hunting Experiment.

On the telly now.

SD Regular
    The one about the great big "bull" type thing? Seen it before. Very interesting.

Goering was big into his hunting and, it is said, 8x68 was his calibre of choice. Lots of pictures of the man on the internet and also of him bow hunting.

Vile regime though and rightly consigned to the rubbish bin of history.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 30-07-2016 at 20:35.

Very often wonder what goes through a Germans mind when these sort of programs come on. Never mind what they say or tell us, what do they think to themselves when programs about nazis come on the tv?

SD Regular
    They think..."Well, this Hitler, he wasn't German...he was Austrian...".

The same as we excuse ourselves the Iraq War..."It wasn't us...it was Tony Blair...".

Variations on the same denial of direct responsibility.

I find that as most now alive were not living through this regime they are sick and tired of it always being rehashed on german tv, my missus born 1946 gives me s''t for watching them, we won so it is interesting for any allied family members, they lost twice and are just getting on with their lives and very sucessfully too just like the french after napoleon lost it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I find that as most now alive were not living through this regime they are sick and tired of it always being rehashed on german tv, my missus born 1946 gives me s''t for watching them, we won so it is interesting for any allied family members, they lost twice and are just getting on with their lives and very sucessfully too just like the french after napoleon lost it all.
    It's really history and should be regarded as such by all. Germany was and is still a great country. I was born there in a British military hospital and have both lived and worked in Dusseldorf/Nurnberg, spending considerable time in Bavaria. I've never had any issue or problem with speaking of the wars & to my knowledge, neither has any of my German friends.

However, the Germans have rebuilt their bricks and mortar of the old towns & cities so well, it's hard to see that many were so badly destroyed in the last war.
    But now the country & others through Europe are being undermined and damaged by migration. In my opinion, Germans should worry more about this than the last war.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    They think..."Well, this Hitler, he wasn't German...he was Austrian...".

The same as we excuse ourselves the Iraq War..."It wasn't us...it was Tony Blair...".

Variations on the same denial of direct responsibility.
    I think that you may have exposed a weakness in both ours and the German democratic process as it was then.

Once you have elected a political regime the ordinary citizen has little if any control over what those elected politicians do next. You mention Blair and Hitler but I'm sure you could also have mentioned the likes of Mugabe etc. as well. Locally we have a similar problem albeit on a lesser scale where a handful of IW Councillors are attempting to obstruct progress on the construction of a fixed road link with to the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Germany was and is still a great country. I was born there in a British military hospital and have both lived and worked in Dusseldorf/Nurnberg, spending considerable time in Bavaria. I've never had any issue or problem with speaking of the wars & to my knowledge, neither has any of my German friends
    Same here. I was born in BMH Hannover. Never found any of my friends to be reticent about discussing it. I found they had a very quiet and dignified way of addressing the subject if it came up, but what was more telling was the number and condition of the War Graves all over the country. Without exception, these were always immaculate. I was sorry to leave Germany
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post

Goering was big into his hunting and, it is said, 8x68 was his calibre of choice. Lots of pictures of the man on the internet and also of him bow hunting.

I was told that Goering had quite a lot to do with the CIC Roe measuring calculation/formula that we measure all of todays Roe heads with. I think it was Chris Rodgers that told me this.

Paul

I believe Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian and only had one testicle
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.