Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: riflemags.co.uk

  1. #1

    riflemags.co.uk

    I have been looking for a 338 sized mag for my 300wm stock project due to OAL being longer than 300wm mags

    AI and Sporting Services was my first port of call but order times of 2m and then only CIP length mags on offer made it a worse case scenario (not to mention no reply to email, a surly first conversation with a chap who didn't want to speak, cut me off and had to call back..)

    Stumbled across this place. riflemags.co.uk
    Seem to have stock galore in the UK
    Very nice chap calls me back same day, walks me through my options, takes payment over the phone, ships same day, arrives two days later!

    Great service and a pleasure to deal with.
    job done!

    All metal phosphate finish mag from Accurate Mag in the US, came in a choice of three lengths
    my long 208gr load fits like a glove with a mm or two to spare

    now for the tricky part!






  2. #2
    Nice one Ed, I am watching with interest.

    what mag conversion do you have fitted for the magazine to be housed securely.

  3. #3
    I have dealt with Riflemags recently.
    I orders an 8 round mag for my HW66 .22 They where 5 cheaper than anywhere else and delivered fast.
    Great service

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam the Gun View Post
    Nice one Ed, I am watching with interest.

    what mag conversion do you have fitted for the magazine to be housed securely.
    I am building a custom chassis out of 10swg aluminium box section
    Mag well will be cut to accommodate this mag and have an AI style release by the trigger guard

    the Tikka action has 96mm clearance through the base of the receiver but the bolt stops 1.5mm further forward than in needs to
    Bit of milling to the bolt stop and it should swallow these rounds straight out of the mag

  5. #5
    thumbs up for riflemags.co.uk used them in the past really helpful fast service

  6. #6
    Sporting services are total crap!!!
    nobody seems to know f all about the products they sell, and they couldnt give a toss if they sell you something or not!
    i tried to order some stock sides for a AW quoted 16 to never weeks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by newsatten View Post
    Sporting services are total crap!!!
    nobody seems to know f all about the products they sell, and they couldnt give a toss if they sell you something or not!
    i tried to order some stock sides for a AW quoted 16 to never weeks

    glad its not just me then
    I explained I wanted a mag to build a stock around and he basically told me it won't work without knowing anything
    ended the call as someone came into the shop and then rang me back
    two months to get a mag that turns out will be too short for what I want!

    so, lucky stumble

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I am building a custom chassis out of 10swg aluminium box section
    Mag well will be cut to accommodate this mag and have an AI style release by the trigger guard

    the Tikka action has 96mm clearance through the base of the receiver but the bolt stops 1.5mm further forward than in needs to
    Bit of milling to the bolt stop and it should swallow these rounds straight out of the mag

    Sounds the bizz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •