Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pigeon magent

pigeon magent

Hi all,

looking for a pigeon magnet / whirly. Happy to collect from Kent or sussex.

drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDenny View Post
    Hi all,

looking for a pigeon magnet / whirly. Happy to collect from Kent or sussex.

drop me a pm.
    I make mine, but there are a few decent windscreen motor types out there, also if you take off your travel costs with a new one being delivered, the usage of a second hand one...etc

Just a thought..

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Thanks tim,

inspired on the windscreen motor option. I might have to you tube a video but given my 'special' DIY skills I will probably end up spending more than on a new one.

Thanks tim,

inspired on the windscreen motor option. I might have to you tube a video but given my 'special' DIY skills I will probably end up spending more than on a new one.
    No problem, just bite the bullet and swipe the card....what you do want in a unit with metal cradles and thumb screws and one piece arms in round bar as they will bounce better than a bit of box with a short piece on the end.

Remember.......NO PLASTIC!!

Tim.243

Tim could you supply some details on how you make yours
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    No problem, just bite the bullet and swipe the card....what you do want in a unit with metal cradles and thumb screws and one piece arms in round bar as they will bounce better than a bit of box with a short piece on the end.

Remember.......NO PLASTIC!!

Tim.243
    Thanks, I have actually purchased one online and in short it has been complete rubbish. The first fell apart and the second has needed so much araldite its ridiculous. It now cant support real pigeons, just the lightest plastic decoys.

buying online is always such a minefield. If only almost all gun shops weren't overpriced.

I've got a home made one here somewhere (I didn't make it) It uses a wiper motor, speed controller and springy metal arms. Never used it to be honest, but I know it still somewhere about

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    I've got a home made one here somewhere (I didn't make it) It uses a wiper motor, speed controller and springy metal arms. Never used it to be honest, but I know it still somewhere about
    let me know if you find it and want to get rid, I have looked at some videos and it is waaaaay beyond my limited talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    Tim could you supply some details on how you make yours
    thanks
    Thanks, I have actually purchased one online and in short it has been complete rubbish. The first fell apart and the second has needed so much araldite its ridiculous. It now cant support real pigeons, just the lightest plastic decoys.

buying online is always such a minefield. If only almost all gun shops weren't overpriced.

Send me an email address and I will jpeg the pictures and parts list I have just dug out on an old memory stick.

Not much has changed apart from a bit of extra bracing on the unit also I know have home made cradles which I mount the birds on then freeze them until they are needed. Works great as you never need to ###k around defrosting birds just take them all ready set and tighten the fixing bolt on the end of the arm!!

Tim.243