Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sako 75 cocking safety?

sako 75 cocking safety?

Hi all,

I am really interested in putting one of these cocking safeties on my finnlite. So I am in need of a german speakers help. Please! See link below.
    Handspannung Sako 75
    I have contacted the maker via email, however his English is only marginally better than my German.
    he said he needs the the rifle to fit it. The langauage barrier seemed a huge problem, I am sure my smith here could fit one with little problem. Has any one got hold of one of these or something similar or would a german speaker be so kind as to try and prise one into the UK! Any help would be very gratefully received.
    I am sure they will be a very popular modification in the UK!
    Thanks - Karamoja

What does it do? I appreciate that this could open me up to a barrage of "DOH!!", but I really can't work out the problem that it's solving
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

i,m sure someone on here has done a thread on the ash flag safety don,t quote me on it ,i seem too remember reading about it on here?
    DONT START

Hi Farticus - It is solving a problem as there is not one, it is only increasing a margin of safety on the existing safety system. The reason is that the rifle is never cocked until the cocking lever (read safety in the conventional sense) is engaged, at that point it becomes cocked and is able to fire. Move it back and the rifle is un-cocked and therefore safe. Think as in a Mauser MO3. A supremely safe set up. As you say the existing safety is fine, however I prefer the increased margin of safety!
    K

Your smith may be able to fit it, but maybe the German smith does not want to sell it. For either commercial or quality or liability reasons?

However, I do know a German Technical translator if you want one. I have no idea what her fee may be.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    What does it do? I appreciate that this could open me up to a barrage of "DOH!!", but I really can't work out the problem that it's solving
    Allows you to eject the loaded round with the safety still on....

Entirely withour rancour and just a straight query - but unless something significant is done to the firing pin, then decocking alone merely places the firing pin in close contact with the primer with no mechanical interdiction? Please be clear, not a criticism - I don't understand German either - so can't decipher the webpage, just a query that springs to mind.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Mauser 98, three position safety completely blocking the firing pin. As the song says, "who could ask for anything more"

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Allows you to eject the loaded round with the safety still on....
    Which the Sako 75 safety allows you to do anyway
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Sako 75 doesnt lock the pin a la M98 flag
    the safety locks the trigger mechanism

I understand the interest in firing pin locking safety but not at the expense of everything else
    looks a mess and leaves a void where the old one was