Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fox attack on children

Another fox attack on children

Has anyone seen this report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/10363646.stm

I just thnak God we do have rabbies in this country.

The tree huggers are still trying to defend the fox!

If that was a dog it would be dead by now.

When is somebody in Goverment going to grow some balls and make the decision to deal with the fox?

They are vermin ffs!!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Well let's be honest, the fox didn't "attack" the child, he harrassed it and it defended itself. I'm all for fox control, and indeed for savage controls of urban foxes, but I'm a little uneasy with the "kill em all - they're vermin" thing, they are a native mammal, deserving of respect equal to deer (less non-native deer of course).

If it was a dog cat squirrel or any animal it would turn and bite if its tail was being yanked

About 6 years ago a friend of mine called to say that on one of his shoots they were having problems with a fox. It happened that the daughter of the land owner was washing dishes looking out of the window onto the lawn where the family chickens were feeding at 2pm in the afternoon when a fox came onto the lawn and started chasing the chickens.
    The young lady ran out of the door shouting at the fox which stopped turned and ran at the young lady snarling and growling. At this point the young lady decided she needed help and we were called in.
    On the following Saturday morning 6 guns met on the stable yard armed with shotguns and rifles of assorted types and vintages and we stood in a circle deciding the best way to proceed.
    Looking between the 2 guns opposite me not 5 yards away sat the said fox watching what we were doing. Speaking very quietly I asked the guns to step sideways out of the way loaded my shotgun and killed it were it sat. on examining the fox 4 inches of its tail were missing and looking in the fur of its tail there were markes where its tail had been stitched up.
    All the guns came to the same conclusion RSPCA.
    Keith
    Last edited by sikadog; 21-06-2010 at 15:26.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by BwchDanas View Post
    Well let's be honest, the fox didn't "attack" the child, he harrassed it and it defended itself. I'm all for fox control, and indeed for savage controls of urban foxes, but I'm a little uneasy with the "kill em all - they're vermin" thing, they are a native mammal, deserving of respect equal to deer (less non-native deer of course).
    +1 on this, also mickjgardner's comment. If they're a nuisance, deal with them, but there's no need to exterminate them (or try to!).

Andrew

Never in all my 42 years of fox trapping / lamping etc have I heard a fox growl!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well i say remove as many as possible lets instill some fear back in to the little buggers were i live they walk the streets like stray dogs and we know what the RSPCA do to them. Get them shot trapped what ever it takes we will never get rid so no real worrys to the bunny huggers but we could reduce there numbers . ( lets bring back fox hunting best control ever)

PS IT WAS A 3 YEAR OLD CHILD THAT GRABED OR STROKED ITS TAIL SO LETS NOT GET TO SENTIMENTAL IF IT HAD BEEN A RAT THE EXTERMINATORS WOULD STILL BE THERE NOW).

Quote Originally Posted by BwchDanas View Post
    +2
    i thought exactley the same
    but still not a nice experience for the child, hopefully it will learn from it

I would not worry too much about the kill 'em all extermination thing. On the day the last known fox in the UK is killed, there will still be half a dozen more turn up for it's funeral.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses