Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle stand / holder for vehicle?

Rifle stand / holder for vehicle?

What do you guys use to hold your rifle for quick access when driving around your shoots?
    I was thinking that some sort of clamp on the passenger side mounted on the dash that would hold a rifle vertically with the butt in the foot well would be useful.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have spent ages looking for something that would do the trick and as yet haven't found anything. I settled for reclining the passenger seat fully and leaving the rifle on there. Works well when your on your own.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have a range rover P38 and rest the rifle on the wing mirror with the butt tucked in the door, works great unless its pouring down
    Ray

I have been leaning the rifle on the seat but it doesn't feel secure enough.
    I have just found the Quick Fist gun clamp online below:

http://www.quickfistclamps.co.uk/product/quick-fist-gun-clamp/

It looks like just the ticket but maybe there are other options available?

Do you mean something like this Gewehrhalter für Geländewagen - Kfz-Zubehör - Ausrüstung - Jagd Online Shop - Frankonia.de

It should be possible to fabricate something similar that will suit your vehicle. I've seen similar racks that will take two or three firearms.
    Last edited by 8x57; 06-08-2016 at 20:56.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Leant against passenger seat, with the seatbelt on! Nice and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Do you mean something like this Gewehrhalter für Geländewagen - Kfz-Zubehör - Ausrüstung - Jagd Online Shop - Frankonia.de

It should be possible to fabricate something similar that will suit your vehicle. I've seen similar racks that will take two or three firearms.
    That looks pretty good, thanks.

I dont have any photos, but some ex-military Landrovers have a pair of spring clamps on the bulkhead behind the seats. OK for a Landrover, but would require serious efforts to fit on a normal vehicle.

I use a homemade rack for transporting,holds up to four guns, if shooting from the truck off the wing mirror I sling it off the outside of the door when opening gates etcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010017.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	634.7 KB 
ID:	73018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010019.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	653.5 KB 
ID:	73019

I'm as guilty as everybody with my aversion to drilling holes in the door.
    But it would make things so much easier to bolt a couple shelf brackets on the side.
    Shooting transport is just a pause in the journey to the scrap man, so it aint going to harm the final value