Thread: 243win Built by the legendary Mike Norris of Brock and Norris

243win Built by the legendary Mike Norris of Brock and Norris

Blueprinted and trued Remington 700 action
    22 Lowther Walther Barrel Mid weight fluted. Threaded 14x1 with invisible thread protector
    Tactical bolt knob
    PSE composite stock
    Timney Trigger. Weight of pull set to a crisp 2 lb
    Tier One/Third Eye Tactical Bottom metal, with discreet magazine release
    1 x AICS 5 shot mag
    1 x Ruger 5 shot mag that fits this action/bottom metal as supplied by Brock and Norris
    30mm Talley Rings, these were also lapped by Brock and Norris

It pains me to sell this supremely accurate rifle. The build was only completed by Brock & Norris less than 12 months ago. I am only selling as I intend to apply for a 375 H&H. I was given the friendly advice by my FEO that there would be no way a 375 would be agreed for use in the UK with expanding ammo as I already have a 243, 270 and 7mm Rem Mag, all of which I have AOLQ.

I have genuinely only fired 46 rounds through this rifle since it was re barrelled, I have a note book that I keep a tally of the round count hence me being able to give such an accurate number. It was run in correctly and was cleaned after each subsequent use.

I have tried 3 different factory rounds in the rifle, 75, 90 and 100 grain all were sub inch groups. The 75 grain in particular was pretty much a single ragged hole.

I am looking for 2000 for everything listed, although do feel free to contact me if you wish to make a sensible offer.

PRICE DROP TO 1750

Last edited by 270Buck; 10-08-2016 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post

It pains me to sell this supremely accurate rifle. The build was only completed by Brock & Norris less than 12 months ago. I am only selling as I intend to apply for a 375 H&H. I was given the friendly advice by my FEO that there would be no way a 375 would be agreed for use in the UK with expanding ammo as I already have a 243, 270 and 7mm Rem Mag, all of which I have AOLQ.
    270buck

Without trying to hijack the thread this has been brought up before esp in relation to a 9.3 x 62.......have a look at the HO Guidance on Firearms paragraphs 13.9 and 13.18. Might be worthwhile drawing your FEO's attention to these paragraphs.
    Essentially if you have "Good reason" ie you shoot in Africa or boar abroad then a 9.3 and a .375 can be used for the larger species of deer/quarry in UK.
    Dorset have become more "enlightened" to this clause! ;-) I have a 9.3 x 62 for AOLQ on mine and used the above argument!
    Good luck with it
    Looks a lovely .243 as well!

No interest, come on guys I welcome feedback from any of you, in fact I will throw in a roe buck stalk for the person who buys it from me, date to be agreed in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    That's a superb bargain !