Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its Budget day!!

Its Budget day!!

Time to bend over and grab your ankles!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post

Looks like we might all be in for a quick shafting Dan

BEND OVER AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN it was allways going to happen when a goverment spends more than it earns
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Just remember who it was who got us here.... One pace forward Messrs Blair & Brown and your happy cohorts.

Why are we still paying for Teflon Tony's security when he is lecturing to make money, surely if he is being paid he can pay for his own CP?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A View Post
    Just remember who it was who got us here.... One pace forward Messrs Blair & Brown and your happy cohorts.

Why are we still paying for Teflon Tony's security when he is lecturing to make money, surely if he is being paid he can pay for his own CP?
    We OWE it to the Rest Of the World to provide the security! We let him phook up our world the security are there to try and stop him from doing the same to the rest of the world. Give him a dish-dash and a beard, air drop him into Afghanistan (Parachute optional) and let him take control of the Taliban. The boys would be home by Christmas!

hi,

dont want to start on about our boys over there as thats way of this thread.. "need a smiley with scots flag"

the only people who are not affected in any great form are those on the dole.
    as tony and gordon said your better off on the dole oh or was that better off the dole.

my prices are up by 21/2% in jan, another two and a half higher than those who dont pay any tax and still work grrrrrr

I hold the govt of the last 13 years liable not the man holding a red hot coal today.... p.s not a conservative voter either.

we still have more to come.... not a happy time. the harder you work the more you pay for those who don't..
    900 jobs at scottish amicable likely to go announced today.. poor sods

f.
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 22-06-2010 at 18:19.

Unfortunately my work place is full of left wing twats who've never experienced life outside of education and would happily piss our country away to all the lazy parasites who consider it their right for us to keep them in the luxury that they've grown used to. I just couldn't believe my ears when a group today exclaimed how awful it was that housing benefits were being capped at 400 per week!

400 per week - who the f**k is entitled to housing benefit of at least 1600 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Unfortunately my work place is full of left wing twats who've never experienced life outside of education and would happily piss our country away to all the lazy parasites who consider it their right for us to keep them in the luxury that they've grown used to. I just couldn't believe my ears when a group today exclaimed how awful it was that housing benefits were being capped at 400 per week!

400 per week - who the f**k is entitled to housing benefit of at least 1600 per month?
    scotsgun

that sir is about 85% of the dole munching public today.
    unfortunately the other 15%is made up of redundant people who dont know how to fxxk the system and get 49 a week instead

baaa huuuummmm bugggggg

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post

I know what you mean scotsgun but to balance it just a little it does depend on what part of the country you are in. My daughter lives in London in a Housing Assoc. one bed flat and her rent is 105 per week. She is lucky enough to have a job (unlike I was at her age in Paisley before I moved south --- yep - for work). Given that housing assoc rents are always cheaper than private landlords and the shortage of public sector housing it is not difficult to see how a family with 2 or 3 children could have rent approaching 400 per week. I agree with the cap as necessary but wonder how much it will actually save. If you are under 25 and privately renting they will only pay towards you renting a room in a house, in other cases they have maximums they will pay so if you had a landlord who was charging you 3000 a month for a 3 bed house where the market rent was 500 then HB would set the bar at 500 and the claimant would either have to move or else find the rest of the rent elsewhere.

The cases where some money may be saved is where the council is obligated to house a large family but does not have any available houses large enough to do so and are forced into privately renting as a council cannot house a family in overly cramped conditions. I suspect some money may be saved here - although the councils will still have the obligation to house large families in suitable accommodation so they may still have to provide the housing but not be able to pass the charges onto the family. There we would have a situation where the council would have to swallow the costs instead of HB so we may just be switching the costs to a different department.

At the end of the day I suspect this is a political statement designed to appeal to a section of voters and I would be interested to see the projected cost savings, the source of the data, and where it was thought the excess costs would be picked up with a net sum expected to be saved after taking the above into account.