Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Woodlands - visitors on Syndicates

Scottish Woodlands - visitors on Syndicates

I have been told by a friend that I can't go with him as a visitor to his syndicate ground in Scotland as Scottish Woodlands have stopped all visitors because of a shooting accident on their land. I wondered if anyone could confirm this?

First I've heard of this, I'm in a syndicate on Scottish Woodland managed ground.
    How could they enforce someone's right to roam anyway?
    ILB

Sounds like complete BS to me. I once had a landowner tell me that an Angus by-law existed that prevented the shooting of woodpigeon on a Sunday. It took me a week to stop laughing at him
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Seems rather odd to me.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Sounds like it's an easy excuse not to take you ?

Why don't you phone SW and ask them

Perhaps he just don't like you as much as you think

I'm sure the old FC leases each stalker was allowed 2 or 3 visitors on a year, think FC had to check paperwork/approve them etc, never ever used it but i'm sure it was mentioned when i joined but that was fair while ago.

To be fair if ur the vistitor it might be a bit funny phoning SW urself, and u might not like the answer, he mibee has just asked someone else nd thats his excuse

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    I'm sure the old FC leases each stalker was allowed 2 or 3 visitors on a year, think FC had to check paperwork/approve them etc, never ever used it but i'm sure it was mentioned when i joined but that was fair while ago.

To be fair if ur the vistitor it might be a bit funny phoning SW urself, and u might not like the answer, he mibee has just asked someone else nd thats his excuse
    No harm in asking though, worst case he could loose a friend !

But sometimes ur better off not knowing If ur not invited it doesnae really matter