Long sock recommendation?

palmer_mike

Any one able to recommend a decent medium weight sock, must be long enough to comfortably use with meindl hunting boots?

ive been using the Seeland ones hat come in a twin pack with one short and one long pair (I have no use for the short ones tho......)

thanks for for any recommendations!

Mike,

Don't wear Meindl Dovre boot's but the Harkila Trapper Master Socks are fantastic!! Pricy but well worth it for comfort.

I find that I'm far too hot with walking socks in my Meindls so I use the thinnest pair of old shooting socks I have & roll them down over the boot if I'm not wearing breeks. I found I got terrible heat rashes with the normal insulated walking socks.

I use the Brasher walking boot socks...not sure if they are still available since the merger/take-over though.

My Meindl Dovre boots could have been a half size bigger, I was fooled by their wide-fitting-last claim, so I cannot wear lining socks as well. My old Le Chameau were the right size and I always wore those summer or winter with Bridgedale coolmax lining socks and the Brashers.

Alan

I get Wacky Sox, love them and wear them for all my shooting with breeks and boots.

They are rugby socks but lovely bright colors and wear well

Bridgedale summit knee. The best I have tried and I have tried a lot. £25 a pair but last a while.

+1. I've used Bridgedale Summits for a few years now, for hiking, stalking and skiing. I have a pair on at least twice per week, never had a problem.

my best and favourite pair are a smartwool hunting pair.
They are thick so very comfortable to wear all day and very warm.
They are about £25 a pair but if looked after they last years.

I can wear them for a few days in a row and they never smell. Amazing things!

the extra heavy mountaineering smart wool socks are nearly the same just not quite as tall up the leg but they are fantastic too!

Back