Powder

penta

I'm looking to use one powder to load .17 remington and .22 hornet. Are they any powders on the market, that can be easily sourced ?. Or is it not possible to buy one powder, for these 2 calibres.

I'm looking to use one powder to load .17 remington and .22 hornet. Are they any powders on the market, that can be easily sourced ?. Or is it not possible to buy one powder, for these 2 calibres.
Stating the obvious, maybe, but had you ever thought of going to the different manufacturer's sites and seeing if they make one that will work in both by looking at the data?~Muir

PS: A quick, 15 second look at Hodgdon's site indicates there is no compatible powder made by Winchester, IMR, or Hodgdon.

Last edited:
Stating the obvious, maybe, but had you ever thought of going to the different manufacturer's sites and seeing if they make one that will work in both by looking at the data?~Muir

PS: A quick, 15 second look at Hodgdon's site indicates there is no compatible powder made by Winchester, IMR, or Hodgdon.

Thanks, I have been searching the net. And couldn't find anything, I just asked the question, because I may have missed the information on other sites.

Thanks, I have been searching the net. And couldn't find anything, I just asked the question, because I may have missed the information on other sites.
It's an easy process once you get into the habit of looking at the manufacturer's sites. They are the final say so it's better then trying to glean data from bullet makers or individuals.~Muir

I shoot and reload for a .22 Hornet (now K-Hornet) and a .17 Remington and I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that I have used that suits BOTH, unless you are wanting downloaded .17 Remington loads " Penta"... The Hornet requires rifle powders down at the Extremely Fast end of the scale that can also be used in heavy 12gauge shotgun and magnum pistol (once upon a time!!) loads... Like Old Hercules 2400 and Hodgdon H4227 & H110. The .17 Remington on the other-hand requires "medium" speed powders to give of its best, like Reloader 15, H Varget and Vectan Sp10... There isn't any overlap that I have ever heard of (or found through my own experimentation) over my many years of reloading for these fine pest calibres - and others...

Regards and happy, careful loading & shooting!

Sent from SteveO's iPad using Tapatalk

Back