Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting head

Interesting head

Been a while since I grassed an animal and had a break for about 3 years, but I found a badly wounded buck on my permission (at work) last week that had some serious facial and neck injury. A couple of days later I saw this fella being led the dance by a doe and I believe he may have been the culprit. Anyway, my interest and enthusiasm now 100% and made the effort to go and find him tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

That's an excellent buck, very unusual.

Interesting Coalesced head. Usually happens on a very old animal where the coronets get so big that they fuse together. I shot one in Hampshire myself a few years back although it was a 6 pointer. No idea why you think that it injured another buck though? It's tines are not spikes! I would say that that is now more or less likely to have happened than with a standard headed buck?
    Last edited by baguio; 10-08-2016 at 05:38.

There is a prostalker in Hampshire that said to me if I ever had a Buck like that he had clients that would pay a lot of money for it.So you have something special there!!

A more precious trophy than a standard gold medal. You will go a long time before shooting similar.

Novice

Now that is an interesting head, and a great trophy to hang on the wall. Well done.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    These seem to get reported here on the Site every couple of years - sometimes questioning whether it is genetic-related or more about age. The answer, I suspect, is that we don't really know. It would be interesting to study the same animal two or three years in succession and see whether the coalescence re-occurred in subsequent years.

Regardless, it's a very unusual head and should take pride of place in any collection.

Many thanks for posting.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Wonderful and unusual head. That would be straight down the taxidermists for a shoulder mount if it were mine.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

+1. That's a fantastic head. You'll go a long way before seeing one of those again
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

A cracking head, could you post pics of it when boiled out please?